-Uno & Arcade-

⚠️TW⚠️
This chapter includes ignoring consent, so please do not read if you are sensitive to that.

(F)

I threw myself, face first onto my bed. "Did that really just happen?" I whispered to myself. It seemed way too good to be true. Did Chan really almost kiss me?

I smiled. "He did!" I squealed, answering my own question. I hugged a nearby pillow tightly. He almost kissed me! Almost! Ah, I wish I would've stayed just a little longer, but I knew how awkward it would be.

The way he cupped my face with his warm hands made me feel so...loved. My face heated up thinking about how amazing it felt to be that close to him.

I wonder how it would be like if we actually kissed. Would I have felt much different? I was curious.

Now, my urge of wanting to kiss him was much stronger. But...what if it was an accident? What if he didn't mean it? The smile on my face disappeared.

How could have been so dumb?

It just happened in the moment. It probably meant nothing to him.

Was I nothing to him?

No, we're friends, right? He said so himself. But...just friends. "We're just friends." I whispered repeatedly to myself.

Deep down, I wanted to be something more, so, so badly. I stuffed my face into my pillow, and sighed. After a while of feeling sorry for myself, my phone starts ringing.

I groan, and reached for my phone, and checked the caller ID. My eyes widen at the screen. I sit up and clear my throat.

"What do you want, Changbin?"

———

(C)

"Uno! Ah, I win again!"

I clap slowly. "Jeez, when did you did you get so good at this game?" I ask, chuckling at my Mom's excitement of winning yet another round of Uno.

"I may or may not have played a couple of rounds with my coworkers." Says Mom, proudly. "Just a couple of rounds?" I ask, laughing.

She nods, and stuffs another handful of popcorn in her mouth. "Hey, why were you and Felix on the floor when I knocked earlier?" Asks Mom, with a mouth still filled with popcorn.

I completely forgot about earlier! "W-We were just...talking. Yeah, talking." I said, with a nervous smile. Mom raises her eyebrow. "Hm, alright." She says. 

The house phone starts ringing. Mom sighs, and gets up to answer.

"Hello?"

"Oh, hey. Yeah, i'm at home. Why?"

"What! But you said-"

"Alright, hold on a second."

I looked at my now distressed Mom. "What's wrong?" I asked. "They have a shortage of staff right now at the hospital, and they need me to come back." Says Mom.

I knew Mom had to leave, even though we were having a good time. "It's alright, Mom. You can go, i'll be alright here." I said, smiling. "Are you sure? I can try to convince them." She says.

"No, it's fine. Go do what you need to do." I say. She nods sadly, and mouths a "sorry", as she put the phone back to her ear.

"Yeah, i'll be there soon. Bye." She says, and hangs up. Mom walks up to me, and kisses my forehead. "Chan, I really don't deserve you." She says, pulling me into a hug.