-Secret Secret-

(C)

Felix and I walked through my dark house to get to the sliding glass door, leading to my backyard.

I had Felix covering his eyes to show him the surprise.

"Alright, stand here but keep your eyes closed. I need to fix a few things." I said, letting go of his hand.

I had had set up my backyard similarly to when we went stargazing with each other, but I added fairy lights around, along with more blankets and snacks.

I turned on the fairy lights with a little remote, making my backyard come to life. I look over at Felix with a smile. "You can look now, sunshine."

I watch him drop his hand from his eyes, and take in the sight in front of him.  His eyes widen in surprise. "Did you do all of this...for me?" He asked, still in awe.

I chuckle at his reaction. He was so adorable. "Yup! I'm glad you like it." I exclaimed. Felix sits on one of the blankets. "How could I not? This is amazing, Chan." Felix said with a bright smile.

I sit down beside him, and check my watch. It's almost time....

I grab the remote again, and turned off the lights. "I'm really sorry we couldn't go to the carnival, Felix. I wasn't able to get tickets in time, so I hope this is enough." I say. I see Felix open his mouth to say something, but is interrupted by a high pitched boom.

We both look at the sky, and saw a bright green firework flourish in the sky like a blooming flower.

Right after the green firework disappears, a bigger pink one takes it's place. Fireworks kept coming and going, but Felix and I never took our eyes off the lit up night sky.

After a while, we waited for the next firework. It didn't come. We kept staring at the sky and it didn't come. Felix sighs dreamily, after realizing it was over. "Chan, thank you. I think this was better than actually going to the carnival." Said Felix.

"Really? It's just some blankets and lights, i'm sorry I couldn't find anything more exciting to do." I say, with a slightly embarrassed look on my face.

Felix laughs. "Maybe it is some blankets and lights. What makes it special is that i'm here with you. You could've brought me to a garbage can, and I promise you I would've still loved it." He says.

"Maybe one day I will bring you to a trash can for a date." I said jokingly. Felix hits my shoulder playfully. "Hey! Our first date better not be at a trash can!" Felix said, through his laughing.

Once our laughter died down, Felix looks at me with a grin. "Isn't our two week bet almost over?" He asked.

I looked at the starry sky. "It is. I hate to admit Felix, but you may have won this bet. I don't remember a time i've been this happy since my Dad passed." I said softly.

We both went silent for a moment. I scratched the back of my head and chuckled nervously. "I ruined the mood, didn't I?" I said with a sheepish smile.

The next thing I know, Felix's head is in my lap. He's looking up at me with sparkling eyes. I could still see them clearly in the dark. They were brighter than the stars.

"Chan, is it okay if you tell me more about your Dad? He sounds like a cool person." Felix said with a gentle voice. I felt such happiness at these words. Tears of joy sprang into my eyes.

I stroked his hair. "Of course. I'll tell you all about my Dad, Felix." I said with a grin.

So I did. I told him everything. The bad days and the good days. I told him the last words he told me. I told him how much I missed him, and Felix listened to every word I said.