-Boo!-

(C)

I walked out my last class for today, proud of myself. I somehow managed to avoid Felix throughout the day as well.

Although, I did have to eat lunch in the bathroom to make that happen. Since today is Friday, I don't have to see him tomorrow. I walk out of school feeling relieved. Each day I get closer to leaving this place.

I was walking along the shady sidewalk, when I got a strange feeling that I was being watched. I stopped walking. I turn around, and saw a quick figure move behind a nearby tree.

I squint at the tree waiting for someone to come out. I softly stomp my feet to mimic the noise of walking away, then I see two familiar eyes peek out from behind the tree, but then quickly retreat once I spot them. I groan in annoyance.

"Felix, I know you're there." I said rubbing my forehead. Still, no movement. I sighed, and walked to the tree.

"Just when I thought I was doing so good." I thought to myself. I peered around the corner of the tree, and expected to see a wide grin, but instead saw nothing. "Hm, weird. I swear I saw something-"

"BOO!"

"WHAT THE-" I exclaimed, immediately swinging  at whatever the hell just came at me.

I heard a thud, and then whimpering. "Oh shit. Don't tell me that was-'' I thought to myself, fearing the worst.

I looked at the ground with wide eyes, where I saw Felix, holding his nose, with tears running down his face. "Oh shit! I'm so sorry, Felix!" I said, crouching in front of him.

"Shit, that hurts!" He said in between sobs. "I know, I know. I'm really sorry. Here, let me see." I said, softly pulling his hand down from his face. I must've punched him hard, because I saw a lot of blood rushing out of his nose.

"Ooh, that's bad." I said, slightly cringing at the sight of all the blood. I reached into my bag where I had a small bag of tissues. I pulled one out, and placed it on the bridge of his nose.

"Pinch where my fingers are, okay?" I said. He nods, and follows my instructions. I help him get up. "Is your house near here?" I asked. "N-No." He said shakily, his answer slightly muffled from the tissue.

"My house is down the street. Want me to take you there?" I asked. "Y-Yes please." He said quietly. I nod, and pick up both of our bags from the floor.

I swing them on my shoulder, and grab Felix's hand, which was slightly sticky from all the blood. About three minutes later, we are at the front of my house.

I open the door with my keys, and bring Felix inside. My Mom walks out of the kitchen. "Hey Chan, how was scho-" She starts, but pauses when she sees Felix.

"Yeah....could you check out his face?"

***

"How could you do that to such a sweet boy?" Yells Mom. Felix was on the couch with a now cleaned up face, and a cold glass of water. "It was self defense, Mom." I complained. "You almost broke his nose!" She exclaimed.

"Ma'am, it's okay. I was the one who was sneaking up on him, so I kinda deserved it." Said Felix, sheepishly.

Mom sighs. "Is there anything my son could do to make it up to you?"She asks. "Hmm. I'll think about it." Said Felix, tapping his leg.

"Mom, don't you have to go to work?" I say, trying to get myself out of this situation without a bad punishment. She looks at her watch.

"Ah, that's right." She says. I watch as she runs up the stairs. I clear my throat, and look back at Felix.

"Why?"

"Huh?" Said Felix. "Why did you follow me home." I said. If he had never followed me home, he definitely could've lived with a couple more ounces of blood.

Felix's face turns red. "W-Well..." He stuttered. I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Well, I wanted to scare you, which wasn't such a good idea." He said with a nervous smile. Mom walks downstairs in her scrubs. "Hey, I just thought of what I wanted." Felix said. "What?" I ask. I knew I had to do whatever he said, or else Mom would kill me.

"You have to stop avoiding me, and hang out with me WHENEVER I want." Exclaimed Felix with a slight smirk.

"Oh, that's perfect!" Said Mom. "I don't remember the last time Chan went out with a friend. He's either working out, doing school work or helping me. I want him to live the last of his school days freely." She continued.

"Well, I'll make sure he has fun. I know the best places in this town." Said Felix, grinning at me.

I look at the ground. "Aw, brighten up, sweetie. You deserve to have fun." Says Mom, bumping my shoulder.

"No I don't." I mumble. "I just want to help you, Mom. I love you, and I don't want to leave you alone." I said, my voice obviously cracking up. I felt my eyes burning, and I quickly got up from the couch. "Excuse me." I said.

I slammed my door shut while tears streamed down my face. Gosh, i'm so stupid, why can't I just relax? Why am I always uncomfortable? Dad would know what to say. What would he say?

I haven't heard his voice in forever, I can't think straight. "If I could just see him one last time." I thought. I lay on my floor, and turned around, facing the gap between my bed and the floor.

Even though this house was new, the floor under my bed was already dusty. I saw a familiar large black suitcase.

I already knew what was inside, and my heart began to ache with pain. I reached for it, and pulled it out. I slowly took off the lock, and opened the latch. I looked at the pictures inside. The comforting feeling of nostalgia washed over me.

I saw a picture of us. Just Dad, Mom and I. My hands held it with care, as I put it back down. The next picture I pull out is of a tree. I remember that day like it was yesterday. It was very sunny, and Dad was teaching me how different things and people can look depending on the angle. We tried it on a tree.

I wanted to throw away my attempts, but Dad told me not too, because my mistakes might help me in the future.

I wanted to look at more pictures I had, but a dreaded small brown leather bag caught my eye. It's been a long time since i've opened it. With shaky hands, I picked it up.

I almost opened it, but then I hear my door swing open.

————————————