Part 44 - Handcuffed Saga

Start from the beginning

And by the Mr Nicholas Valentino..

Don't you dare use that Mrs Maya Blah Blah Blah Valentino on me..!!!!

I said it before..

I'm saying it again...

There is no Mrs Valentino nor any kind of 'we' here between you and me happening till the time your business friend's daughter slash your dear close friend slash that bitch of a woman Nilda is in your life and between you and me..!!

Till then it will be just you separately and me separately ...

When she will no longer be hovering over your head and this home, then we can try to think about turning you and me into we. That too maybe..!!! "

Maya replies back bluntly shocking Nicholas who thought that for once he had succeeded in answering that woman back. But as he heard those bitter yet true words from Maya's mouth, he could help but frown not because Maya had replied him in a better way but because she said that there are no 'we' between them.

The look on his face very clearly told Maya that he was unhappy about what she had just said hence to not complicate things better, Maya talked after few minutes of pindrop silence;

" It's late.. and I'm very tired...And I'm sure you need to rest as well.. I guess we should call it off for the night. Since we're stuck with each other tonight, it's better not to do or say anything else that may tempt us for murder each other. "

" You're right...
Let's just sleep..!!  "
Nicholas immediately agreed and jumped on the bed as Maya also got on the bed.

The couple lied on the bed with their handcuffed hands dangling behind as they had their backs facing at each other.

However Nicholas was still not at peace with what Maya had just said about them. Unable to keep that inside him any longer, Nicholas finally spoke turning himself towards Maya ;

" Do you think that whatever we have between us... Our relationship.. Will it ever get better with time or lost as we go ahead..!!?? "

Surprised by that sudden unanticipated question, Maya also turned around and looked at Nicholas as she first thought and remembered what her mother had told her.

" You know..
My Maa used to read and say this quote to me.. Something like that relationship never die naturally by themselves.. But they are murdered by lies, ego, disrespect, disloyalty, greed and selfishness..!!

Which I personally think that is to a very far extent true.
In our case, there is many of these disturbing things in our relation. And if we don't take care of it from now on, then I'm sorry but I truly fear that our relationship will also be murdered.   "

" But we can't afford that...
At least not now..!!!
We can try to relive it at least.. "
Said Nicholas with hope that Maya will not give up right away.

" Yess..
Maybe you're right...
We should try that..!!
I guess we should go baby steps this time so that there is no fight or misunderstandings between us..!!
For us to understand each other.. "
Maya said what she truly believes.
As Maya said all of that while Nicholas listened to her attentively, none of the two realized that they were no longer away from each other but instead even more closer as they spooned.