Part 40 - Consequences

Part 40

NEXT MORNING
THE DINING AREA
NICHOLAS POV

After what happened last night with Maya, as expected I haven't been able to sleep for a single second. Maya's words kept ringing in my mind till the morning. She seemed to be actually very angry after I told her the truth. I thought to only have some fun in teasing her but all of that turned out to be a very bad idea. Moreover the determination that I then saw in her eyes make me feel as if the worse is about to come. I guess that kind of serves me right for all the times that I've been unfair to her.

As for now, I haven't seen her from the morning. Well that doesn't bother me much as right now the more I stay away from her the more better it is. Both for her and me.

My thoughts get disturbed as my breakfast is placed in front of me. As usual first of all I reach out to pick my cup of coffee which is missing from its regular place making me look at my staff as I question them:

" Where's my coffee.? "

Before anyone of them could answer, another voice coming from the kitchen side answers me making me turn:

" Right here.. With mee...!!!!! "

As I turn I see Maya walking out of the kitchen with a cup in her hands as she approaches me with a great wide smile all over her face looking absolutely happy. I just look at her as she walks here as I think.

Wasn't she supposedly angry at me.?

Didn't she say that she's gonna make things hard for me.?

And she also seemed to be dead serious about it the previous night.!

Then why the hell is she smiling like this.?

Why am I getting this bad feeling about her smile.?

Just she keeps the cup near me, I'm about to ask her the reason behind her happiness but she ends up shocking me even more. After keeping the cup, I see Maya's face getting even closer to mine, planting a soft kiss on my cheek.

I feel her lips slowly move towards my ear making her cheek slightly brush against mine as I feel my entire face on fire as Maya says in a very usually casual way;

" Good morning Nicholas.. ''

Having said that she just pulls herself way from me and sits in the seat next to me as she starts eating her own breakfast while I struggle to keep pace with her normalness.

Like what the hell..??

Hello... Drunk Maya is gone..!!!!! Why is Sober Maya behaving like this now..??

Please I like it better when Maya is annoyed at me and running away from rather than Maya being this ... this weird type of loving, caring wife..

I try to reach my coffee to drink it so as I calm my nervous mind but as I see my hand slightly shaking, I pull my hand back not willing to make a fool out of myself in front of my wife and my staff. I really need to get a grip over myself. I cannot afford to let this woman affect me in any kind of way.