Part 42 - Face It

Part 42

THE HOTEL VENUE
AROUND NOON
NICHOLAS POV

As the lift's doors open, the boys and I step out and head in the instructed direction to find Maya and Gracy and the go for lunch. As we enter the area where I see a few familiar faces whom I saw the last time I was with my wife and Gracy. I see them staring at me and Roman along with our little superhero with millions of questions on their faces. Despite the center of attraction since we've entered this room, we walk around looking for our girls and ignoring everyone else. Very quickly we spot them and go in their direction. Maya is on the stage there while Gracy stands on the side talking, maybe instructing something to my wife as I see Maya looking at her carefully.

I stand in front the stage where my wife is currently on with Luke. As the song starts playing, I just look at her dancing with Luke moving her body along the rhythm. The song Thinking Out Loud plays.

I see Luke noticing me there and pulling my wife closer to him as he smirks at me while doing so and with Maya's back towards me, I can't really see what her reaction to this is like. Off course it doesn't long to understand that he's deliberately doing that just because he had earlier witnessed how close I am to Bunny and the girls especially Maya. It's no secret that Luke and I do not like each other at all and that's exactly why I don't like his existence at all.

I just stare at him dancing with my wife as I clench my fist trying my best to jump there and pull him away from my wife and tossing it on the wall.

Putting an end to this eye sore in front of me, Bunny finally screams for his sisters who come running to us... Okay Nickkk stop dreaming not to us but to Bunny actually as soon as they spot the little guy there. Seeing the love, care, innocence and happiness that shines in Maya's eyes as she sees our little boy, for a second I get lost in her dreamy eyes as she stands near me with Bunny in her arms forgetting the earlier dance sequence that took place.

That moment lasts till the time that Maya's eyes finally meet mine and we look at each other for some time. I see that small faint smile dorning her lips as we look at each other making my heart feel warm.

MAKE MY HEART FEEL WARM.?

What the hell ?

Since when you have a heart Nick.?

Aren't you supposed to be the heartless asshole that you put in front of all.?

Last night only you were angry at her for not having feeling for you, but now seeing her smile so innocently made you forget everything else.

" Well if you four are done staring at each other, then can we go eat..?? Bunny's soooo hungry now..?? "

Brian who still in Maya's embrace complains bringing me back to reality as I finally look away from Maya to Roman and Gracy. At that point I realized that not only me and my wife but Roman and Gracy along have had this small eye lock session.

" Off course.. That's why we're here.. If you guys are free for some time, shall we go for lunch..?? Bunny wanted us to eat together. "

I say regaining control over myself and look at Roman and Gracy whose faces have turned crimson due to what Bunny's just said.

" Yaaa.. that's a good idea.. as it is, I'm very hungry.. Didn't eat much since we've arrived here..!! Let's goo fast Bunny..!!! "

Gracy says focusing on Bunny as soon as she turns to walk to the lift but we're stopped by an irritating voice.