Part 29 - Mistake

Part 29

The Hospital
GRACY POV

" Thanks Gracy... "
She says confusing me. But before I can ask her why she's saying thanks, Maya continues speaking as she clears my doubt ;
" Because you never allowed the side effects of my depression ever reach our Bunny..!! He maybe my brother but you have loved and cared for him just like... No... In fact more than I have... You have been more like a mother, an elder sister to both me and Bunny.. We would have been completely lost without you..  And I know you're going to scold me for saying thanks for that so sorry in advance..!! "

I've seen Maya go through the worst of times after her mother's death. The first time I had met her, she was completely lost. I had seen that loneliness and sadness in her eyes which I had myself been going through after my own parents' death. After that our friendship started, these 5 years passed and we became friends from strangers, besties from friends and now sisters from besties, none of us even realised when this happened. Everything that mattered and concerned Maya became equally important me and everything about me started concerning her as well. Along with our relationship, we have also become more and more strong during all these years.
And today we have both become part of each other.

" I just did what I had to do..!! After all Bunny is our baby..!! He's still very young.. He does not need to know anything about this..!! And he's even more sentimental and possessive about you. !! If he learns about this, the results may be very bad.. And isn't that exactly why we haven't ever told him about all this..! And also.. I guess it's my responsibility to be like this.. After all I'm the eldest of the three of us... So what if it's only by 5 months... "
I just state what the truth is and add a small wink at the end showing my seniority upon her.

" That's true... You are the eldest but there's this small detail where you're wrong..!!
I'm not the only one whom Bunny loves and is possessive about..!!!
You're also here..!!
He doesn't say it to you but...
You are as important as me to him..!!
After all you also raised him up with me..!! "
Maya says trying to tell me something that I already know.

" I don't need him to say that.. Like you even I know that..
After all that's why we're his big sisters..!!

Errrr...
I think we should stop right here before we both start crying...!!
Each time we've talked about this, you know how we end up crying. !!! "

Taking a small pause, I talk again in a fun way trying to get rid of the seriousness that had started to creep in slowly as I tease Maya ;
" By the way... You know what... You need to get some fun.. I think you should go for it..!! Yaaa... As your psychologist said, you need to spice things up. And Nicholas is the perfect one for that..!!
I mean he's young. He's hot. He's handsome. He's strong. He's authoritative. He's sexy..!!! And the most important point he's your husband..!!!
So why don't you just go for it..?? "

With the look on her face, I can clearly see that she knows that I'm purposely saying all of this to tease her, I just look at her all excited waiting for her reply and Maya finally speaks ;
" And along with all of that he's an asshole..!!! "