Curtain Call

I took a final bow as the curtains closed, my freshman year was basically over. Just 3 more days of doing nothing in class. This bow was it. Once everyone knew the audience couldn't see us anymore they burst into celebration. I felt Diana's arms wrap around me and could sense Jane's hops from across the stage, but I was still. Stuck in my spot staring at the curtain.

Eventually, they all made their way backstage, but I stayed. Frozen in the moment, trying to hold onto it forever, until I felt a tap on my shoulder. "You did amazing tonight, Juliet." I broke a small smile and looked at him. "You too, Romeo." I plopped down on the X that marked center stage and Gilbert did the same, "So where we're you earlier? Because 5 minutes is too close of a call." Gilbert shrugged, "Avoiding the chaos." I smiled, "There was a whole lot of that. Ms. Stacy was going crazy trying to find you, I had ridiculous cramps, Ruby and I cried," I paused before for saying my next statement, "She gave us the okay."

Gilbert looked confused, "Okay for what?" I felt my smile grow, "To be together, drama free, no question asked." Gilbert still had a confused look on his face, "Was this her way of breaking up with me without have to break up with me?" I laughed, "Trust me m, in the moment it seemed way more intense."

"So, what now? Do we just get back together and act like nothing ever happened." I shook my head, "No, we get together and acknowledge it all." He leaned in for a kiss, this was the second time in less than 24 hours and finally it wasn't a secret. We could be together whole heartedly. As we pulled apart, I could see our friends peeking through the curtains. "Guys, you can stop eavesdropping." One by one they came out, Diana practically skipping before she pulled us into a hug, "Finally! No offense Ruby, but you and Gil didn't mesh." Ruby gave an uncomfortable laugh, "Yeah, I was just clinging to elementary crushes."

We all sat their talking for a few minutes before deciding to go to the diner. We got comfortable in our usual booth, being typical loud theatre kids. Gilbert had his arm around me and it made the whole world feel warm. "I think I should post a year recap, I have so many pictures it would be fun to go through everything." I said with a smile. Diana laughed, "Just don't embarrass me." I laugh with her, "I wouldn't be a good best friend if I didn't."

278 likesanne

278 likes
anne.shirley.cuthbert SLEEPOVER!!!

cuthbert SLEEPOVER!!!