A Never-Couple

"I really do like you Gilbert, and I am so sorry for not even looking for an explanation at first, I-" Gilbert motioned for me to stop, "Anne, I have to tell you," He shifted his weight from one foot to the other, "I don't like you that way anymore." I looked at him, I could feel my heart absolutely shatter to pieces, "No."

Anne woke up abruptly, and looked around her room. The sun shined through her window like God himself was reaching towards her. She picked up her phone, 9 a.m. okay I'm meeting Jane at 12, so I have three hours, cool.

She got up and began cleaning. Anne had been slowly ordering things for a room makeover and she'd finally decided to start putting it together. She pulled out her boxes from Amazon and got started. "Matthew can you help me move my bed!"

About an hour and a half later with Matthew's help, whilst she ranted about her school life (leaving out details she'd never tell an adult of course), she was done.

anne

anne.shirley.cuthbert room makeover
34 likes

View all comments

@tillyyy ugh my queen👸🏻
@josie_the_baddest too cute 😍
@janeandrews cool start getting ready now
@charlie. let 'the boys 🥶' come over

Anne smiled at her room. Sure it was mainly moving things around and putting up the tapestry and lights, but she felt proud of her work. She took advice from Jane's comment and started getting ready. She looked through her closet for an appropriate outfit for today's adventure. Something I am fine with getting dirty. She picked up a shirt and smiled, "Perfect."

After getting dressed, (in the outfit above) she left her room for the kitchen

After getting dressed, (in the outfit above) she left her room for the kitchen. Marilla was sitting at the table drinking coffee, "Good Morning Anne." Anne smiled back cheerfully, "Morning." She new Marilla was giving her a smirk from behind her mug for having Matthew get up and help her with her room. Anne looked around the small kitchen for a light breakfast. After what felt like endless searching because Marilla needed to go grocery shopping, Anne decided on a banana and granola bar.