April showers bring May flowers

~April~

"I am assuming that much like the past weeks we can't rehearse Romeo and Juliet's one on one scenes?" Ms Stacy walked in eyeing Anne and Gilbert. She avoided their scenes together in fear of another argument, better described as Anne telling Gilbert why he's wrong. Anne stood from her seat, "Actually, Ms. Stacy, I'm fine with doing them." Ms . Stacy's face lit up and she turned to Gilbert, who shrugged, "I never had a problem with doing our scenes."

Gilbert stood from his seat next to Ruby and walked onto their rehersal stage. "Everyone else run lines for whatever scenes you choose, and be prepared to rehearse with me." She looked at the stage that Gilbert and Anne were now standing on, and lowered her voice so everyone but them could hear her, "Only lord knows if they'll make it through the scene." The group laughed and began to run lines.

"Alright can we take it from Act 2 Scene 2. Anne this chair will be your balcony for now." Anne nodded and looked at Gilbert who started, "He jests at scars that never felt a wound." Anne walked onto the chair, and Gilbert continued "But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?" Everyone stopped running lines to watch the stage. This was the furthest into a scene they've gotten without an argument. "It is the east, and Juliet is the sun. Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,

Who is already sick and pale with grief, That thou, her maid, art far more fair than she. Be not her maid since she is envious. Her vestal livery is but sick and green, and none but fools do wear it. Cast it off! It is my lady. Oh, it is my love. Oh, that she knew she were! She speaks, yet she says nothing. What of that? Her eye discourses. I will answer it. I am too bold. 'Tis not to me she speaks. Two of the fairest stars in all the heaven, having some business, do entreat her eyes to twinkle in their spheres till they return. What if her eyes were there, they in her head? The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars As daylight doth a lamp. Her eye in heaven would through the airy region stream so bright that birds would sing and think it were not night. See how she leans her cheek upon her hand. Oh, that I were a glove upon that hand that I might touch that cheek!"

Everyone looked at Anne, waiting for her to say her line, all the while, she was having a debate with herself, I'm really not feeling it today, so I could walk off, start some nonsensical argument, or not let everyone down and give this scene my all. Anne sighed, "Ay me!"

Gilbert walked forward, "She speaks. O, speak again, bright angel! For thou art as glorious to this night, being o'er my head, as is a wingèd messenger of heaven unto the white, upturnèd, wondering eyes of mortals that fall back to gaze on him when he bestrides the lazy-puffing clouds and sails upon the bosom of the air."

He whispered so only Anne could hear him, "Thank you for giving it a chance." Anne looked at him with wide eyes and darted them back down to the script, "You're not supposed to be this close Gilbert. I'm not supposed to know you're here." He nodded and backed up some, "Right sorry." "O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo?"

After the scene, the cast clapped for them, "That was truly a good job guys." Ms. Stacy congratulated them, "You two can take a break." They walked off the stage, and Anne joined Jane at her seat in the back, "Oh my God, what was that hashtag my mom used, oh," She looked up at Anne and smirked, "Proud of You." Anne rolled her eyes, "That is so very cheesy of you Miss Andrews." The girls side hugged and watched the next groups practice their scenes.

Anne kept taking quick glances at Gilbert who was sitting extremely close to Ruby. Jane leaned in to Anne's ear, "You're staring." She whispered, holding back a laugh. Anne rolled her eyes, "How is sitting that close not considered PDA. Why is Ms. Stacy just letting that happen?" Jane rested a hand on her shoulder, "It's called priorities babe, and you need to sort your's out." Anne sighed, "I have a deal for you Anne," Anne looked at her friend attentively, "You need to date at least one boy before you ever date Gilbert. Okay?" The rule made sense, she needed some experience before getting into whatever silent promises were between her and Gilbert, if she ever got the chance to be with him.

"Okay, I'll bite," Anne saw the amused look on Jane's face, "But I'll have you know that I can totally date someone other than Gilbert." She smirked, "Really, who?" Anne looked around the room, "I- don't know." Jane nodded, "You've basically been his since you've been here. It's not in our 14-year-old nature to only like one person."

Anne screwed her eyebrows, "Well then, I'm not your typical 14-year-old." Jane nodded, "Right you're turning 15 in July." "And you're turning 15 this month. Show a little loyalty, Jane." They giggled and continued to discuss the terms on the deal, "You need to be in a full boyfriend-girlfriend relationship with them. Labels and all." Anne nodded, "I wouldn't want any less from my first offical boyfriend."

"You need to go on at least 2 dates with him." Jane added. Anne agreed, "But no coffee dates." Jane smirked, "Alright, now we wait to see which eligible bachelor in the 9th grade will be with Anne Shirley-Cuthbert."