48. broken glass

When we arrive back at the hotel, it's only 9:43 PM, yet it feels like the banquet lasted a whole 3 weeks of my life. The second we walk in through those front doors, the looks we receive are laughable. Everyone looks at the four of us like we are the most absurd group of kids they have ever seen. 

I mean, we do look pretty damn good. Given the bloody, torn clothes, cut, and scrapes. Not to mention, I'm not even wearing shoes. 

Lily sits at the front desk, and I can tell she's been anticipating our return all night. The second she lays her big blue eyes on us, she gasps loudly. "Oh my God! What happened?!" She exclaims. 

"A lot. Too much honestly," I mutter. 

"Are you guys okay?" She asks, looking rather worrisome. I nod, "Yes, I mean most of us at least," I say, looking to Malfoy. Now that there's no need for adrenaline, he looks ready to fall apart at the seams. 

"If you consider shards of glass stuck inside of you, then yeah, I'm okay," He says. Ah, there it is. The exact thing Malfoy would say in a situation like this. Lily gapes in horror as she rounds him, looking at his backside, and I catch my first glimpse of it as well. 

I fight the urge to cover my mouth in shock. I knew it had to be bad but... wow. I would never have even imagined glass from a crystal freaking chandelier could do damage like this. But I guess given the proportion, and the destruction of it, it makes sense. 

As expected, several razor-sharp fragments of glass are protruding from his back, and his whole shirt is just soaked in blood. It's gruesome and gross, and I assume I'm the lucky one that will be cleaning up this mess. 

"Do you need help?" Lily asks me in a low voice. I shake my head, "No, no. I know you have to watch the front desk. Do you happen to have Essence of Dittany though?" I ask. She nods quickly, happily. "Yes! I can bring it to your room?" She suggests. As much as I want to tell her she doesn't have to go through all the trouble, I take a look at Malfoy, who seems to be swaying on his feet now. I hope I'm imagining that part. I can't handle him collapsing before we get to the hotel room. 

 "That would be great, thank you so much," I thank her sincerely, feeling extremely grateful for this girl I barely met a few days ago. "Of course, Emma. Oh! Also!! You're Father is here, he's been in Serena's office since he got here, I think he wants to see you," She says. 

Feeling conflicted once more, I think of my Father, and how excited I am to see him again. But I look to Malfoy and recognize that he needs all the help in the world right now. "Do you think you could tell them I need to take care of some things first?" I smile weakly, nodding towards Malfoy. 

"Of course. My shift ends at 11, think you'll be done by then? We can go meet with them," She offers with a warm smile. "That would be perfect," I say, and quickly pull her into a hug. "Thank you so much, for everything," I mutter. "I'm just glad I've been able to help," She smiles. 

I pull away, "I'll see you soon!" I smile. I turn to Malfoy. He's in another damn world at the point. I grab his arm tightly. "Come on," I mutter, pulling him along like he's a toddler I'm being forced to babysit. Ron and Harry follow along, this whole time they've been discussing the events of tonight. 

"Ron, what even happened? How did Elena get you?" I ask, curious to know. He flushes a deep red, obviously embarrassed to talk about it. "Blimey, I don't even know. One minute I was laying on the ground, the next she's got a hold of me and we apparate away. I fought her for quite some time, and then she pulled out that damn dagger once she had the upper hand, and started interrogating me," He explains. 

"Interrogating you?! About what?" I exclaim. 

"Well, about you I guess," He shrugs. 

"What about me?" I question.