9. trust no one

As much as it pained me to admit, Malfoy had been right and I was wrong. Cole really had only wanted one thing.

I thought a little harmless flirting couldn't hurt, but I couldn't have been more wrong. He probably would've taken me on the table right then and there, had I asked him too.

I had told the girls about what happened and they were beyond angry. It took a lot of convincing for them to let it go.

It had been 4 days since the whole fiasco on Saturday. I was uncomfortable every time I was in the same room as Cole Remington. I caught him constantly staring at me with a lethal look in his eyes, as if he had been plotting my death.

Draco Malfoy on the other hand, well I was still fed up with him. Ashamed that he was in actually right about Cole, but I couldn't help the angry feelings that came with the fact that he watched me helpless in that situation. Despite my consistent hatred towards Malfoy, I still was forced to carry on with lessons and tutoring with him.

I sighed as I rounded the corner to the usual tapestry right outside the room of Requirement.

"Don't bother waiting for Malfoy. He's not coming today." I hear a sinister voice from behind me. I immediately freeze in place. I feel a chill rush down my spine as I slowly turn and come face to face with Cole.

Fear immediately erupts inside my stomach. "What did you do to him?" I sneer as I slowly reach towards my wand in my pocket. "That is none of your concern, sweetheart." He says taking a step dangerously closer.

I immediately hold my wand up, pointing it right at him and filling the space between us. He laughs loudly. "Cute, but you don't scare me." He smirks.

In a split second he disarms me and my flies out of my hand. This is when the panic begins. I feel utterly helpless as Cole begins to step closer, and my back slowly inches towards a nearby wall. "What do you want Cole?" I sneer. "You." He says with an utterly evil smirk etched into his features.

"You must have some real personal issues if this is how you deal with rejection." I say. A look of fury replaces the sinister look of evil. He suddenly slams me into the wall so hard, I can no longer breathe. "There's one thing I hate more than not getting what I want, and that's when people talk back to me." He says through clenched teeth, his hot breath on my neck.

"You're a fucking psychopath." I manage to choke out. I try my best to remain apathetic on the surface, but on the inside, every nerve in my body is screaming at me to find a way out of this. I barely know Cole, but everything about him just shouts danger. He suddenly sighs loudly. "I was really wishing it wouldn't come to this but, we can either do this the hard way, or the easy way." He whispers in my ear as he moves a strand of hair out of my face. "It's your choice." He says. I scan his eyes, in awe of how people can be so cruel.

I scowl at him, before taking a deep breath. "Looks like we're doing this the hard way then." I growl. Acting on impulse, I bring my knee straight to his groin with as much force as possible. He doubles over in pain and I take my chance to run. However, I don't get very far. He somehow manages to grab my leg, and I fall straight to the ground.

"You bitch!" He shouts. He takes hold of my arms and roughly pulls me to a standing position. I struggle against him, trying everything to escape his iron grip. He yanks me back by my hair and I let out an agonizing scream.

How do I even begin to explain that feeling when you know even if you tried your hardest, you would still be overpowered. I feel despair lurking in the pit of my stomach. Fire ignites in my veins as I feel like I could explode any second due to the pure anger running through my body. Yet, at the same time I'm useless. Too weak to get away, and too angry to even think straight.