36. the magical congress

Even if he was several feet across the room, and Harry and Ron agreed not to say anything to him, Malfoy was calm for now at least. This doesn't mean he wasn't staring at either boy like he could strangle them both at once, but it was better than actually killing them. 

"I was thinking, the only lead we have right now is that your father works for the ministry - er - magical congress," Harry begins. "Serena said they aren't allowed to give out any of his information, but it's worth a shot just to go and see if we find anything else leading us to him," Harry explains. I shrug my shoulders, nodding in agreement. What else was there to do? Sit around and wait for me to have a vision that will lead us directly to him? That was very unlikely. 

"So, when do we start?" I eagerly ask. 

"Now," Harry grins. 

And sure enough, about 30 minutes later I am looking up at a beautiful, and elegant looking building. It's hundreds of feet tall, reaching high into the city sky, a brilliant white color. "It's called the Woolworth building," Harry tells me as we stand across the street, looking at the building in all its glory. 

We are currently standing on Broadway. The same Broadway I have heard of my whole life, full of musicals and plays people came from all over to see. But now was not the time to worry about stuff like that. Of course, I was more excited to be in New York than I would admit, but I was here for a reason. And per usual, there was danger involved. 

The four of us cross the street. Malfoy makes a point to stay far away from Harry and Ron at all times, meaning staying away from me as well, as he trails along far behind us. On another note, I felt like I had been friends with Harry and Ron for my whole life. Talking to them was so easy, and it was much more entertaining than dealing with Malfoy's pity party. 

It was amazing to hear the stories of these two boys whom I almost never stopped hearing of. To hear all about the second they stepped into Hogwarts, until the very day they left, and beyond that. They were Aurors now and had been traveling around for months looking for the remaining Death Eaters. This is where our paths had crossed. Having Death Eaters personally looking for me or trying to kill me and my family, meant that Harry and Ron were bound to get involved at some point. 

When the two received word from Minerva, they were more than happy to come to New York to not only help Malfoy and me, but to do their job as well. They had come close several times to catching them, that's how they had originally discovered the Death Eaters would be in New York, Because of that, I was incredibly thankful that things had worked out like this. 

"So do we just walk right in or..." I trail off. 

"Well the entrance used to be through the revolving door once it started moving startlingly fast, but now they've changed it," Ron explains. I nod my head slowly, "And now?" I ask. "Now..." Harry smirks, "We have to look for the Owl carved into the building," he says. 

We get close and I scan the area, looking for whatever Owl they're talking about. Sure enough, just a bit up the steps there an Owl carved over the entrance. Harry looks around, pulling out his wand quickly and waving it over the Owl. Somehow, it's not too busy and nobody sees. "Hurry!" Harry says excitedly and we enter in through the doors quickly. 

"Welcome to the Magical Congress of the United States of America," Harry smiles as we step inside. I look around in complete amazement. The ceiling must reach hundreds of feet high. The whole place is wrapped and decorated in black and gold, and it's unlike anything I've ever seen. New York had yet to be disappointing. It's like every second other second I was laying my eyes on something new and breathtaking. 

"Oh," I breathe out. "It's - it's-" 

"Awesome right?" Ron grins. I nod happily. "Yes!" I laugh.