8. firewhiskey

I woke up lazily the next morning as I looked at the clock. It was currently 9 AM and the other girls were just beginning to wake up. I slowly sit up, and rest on the edge of the bed, eventually beginning to stare off into space. Arden rolls out of her bed. "I love saturdays." She says sleepily as she stretches her arms and yawns loudly, pulling me out of my trance. 

I slowly stand and trudge into the bathroom. I look at the horror in the mirror in front of me. My usually vibrant green eyes look rather dull, and the bags under my eyes do not go unnoticed. I yank a brush through my tangled hair before pulling it into a loose bun. I turn to the girls, "Is it socially acceptable to wear my pajamas to breakfast?" I ask. 

"You might get weird looks, but that never stops us." Arden says and gestures to Capri and Daphne. I grin. Thank goodness. I walk down to breakfast with the girls, sporting plaid pajama pants and a sweatshirt two times too big for me, with a pair of slippers. Arden was right, you certainly do get weird looks when you look like a heroin addict. 

I'm sitting at breakfast, staring blankly at the table when Blaise Zaibini turns to us from a few seats away. "Ladies, are you going to watch Quidditch tryouts today?" He asks. I furrow my brows. "What's that?" I ask. Blaise's jaw drops open. "You're kidding right? You don't know what Quidditch is?" He asks me, looking utterly shocked. "Of course she doesn't." Draco Malfoy sneers from beside him. I choose to ignore this remark. "You're forgetting I only just figured out about this all." I say, gesturing around me. 

Blaise shrugs his shoulders. "Fair enough." He says. Then a wicked grin appears on his face. "I guess you'll have to come see for yourself then if you want to know what Quidditch is." He says. "When are tryouts?" Daphne asks. 

"3:00 sharp. You girls better bring Ashwood." He says. "Hell yeah we will!" Arden exclaims loudly. A few people turn to look at her. Daphne giggles. "She gets a little excited about Quidditch." Capri says. I turn towards Arden. "Why don't you play then?" I ask. "I used to. Till my anger issues were deemed unfit on a team full of idiots." She rolls her eyes. I can't help but laugh. 

"One of those idiots being me?" Blaise smirks. "You and Malfoy both." She glares at them. I raise my brows. Whatever Quidditch is, I had no idea Malfoy played. "You're still just upset you weren't ever seeker." He says. 

"I was only upset until you began embarassing yourself every game." She retorts. "At least I didn't hit a kid with my bat!" He says. "It was a one time thing!" She says defensively. "Was it though?" Capri says slyly. Arden scowls at her. 

Sure enough, by 3 in the afternoon I am standing in the stands of an arena called the Quidditch Pitch. The sun is still high in the sky, and I am grateful when large clouds begin rolling in to cover it.  Blaise had explained a little more to us before breakfast was over this morning. It turns out Blaise would actually be captain this year. Apparently tryouts had been a week long thing, going straight from after school till dinner. I had no clue Malfoy was even attending tryouts this week. Today was the final day, and there would be a full on scrimmag against Hufflepuff then the team would be announced later.

Right at 3, the scrimmage begins. Arden, Capri, and Daphne have to keep on explaining the game and how it works but slowly it all begins to make sense. I hardly know anyone else on the team besides Blaise and Malfoy. I can't help but notice how good Malfoy is. "He's trying out for seeker." Daphne tells me. "He was seeker all the way up until 6th year, but since Blaise is captain he has an automatic in. Besides, nobody dared to go against him in trying out so he basically already has the spot." Capri explains. Of course nobody dared to challenge him for the roll of seeker, otherwise he would proabably scare them out of it.