Platonic}Fatherly!Kabu❌Reader

Family isn’t defined only by last names or by blood; it’s defined by commitment and by love
🔥🌺🔥🌺🔥

Crunch. Crunch.

Your feet began to feel numb as you ran barefoot through the icy backstreets of Circhester.

The orphanage burned behind you, glowing red against the night sky. You clung to your right arm as you ran, the adrenaline was blocking out the pain.

Tap. Tap.

You broke from the out onto the main road but immediately back tracked when you heard people coming near. You had entered a fight or flight mode and every little noise terrified you.

Thud!

The noise of your knees hitting the pavement was sickeningly loud.

"ow..." you fell back against the alley wall as silent tears fell from your eyes. Once the adrenaline began to leave your body, the pain seeped in.

You foolishly looked down at your arm. It was a disgusting shade of red, the fire having melted off the initial layer of skin. Where the skin wasn't completely destroyed, it had bubbled up.

Your whimpers grew louder the more you looked at the disturbing sight. You were so focused on your destroyed arm that you didn't even hear the footsteps coming up slowly towards you.

"Hey there, little one,"

You flinched away from the voice.

"Easy now." he spoke soothingly. He kneeled down in front of you. His brown hair was peppered with grey and his features were delicate and open.

"Can I have a look?" he still spoke with a hushed voice, like he was trying not to scare away a wild deerling.

Despite being told your whole life to never trust strangers, you let him inspect your injured arm.
You could see him grimace at the sight before him. Your breath came in frantic pants. Is it that bad? Will I never move it again?
Y

ou thought in your panicked state.

The man before seemed to realise that he had freaked you out and began to reassure you.

"it's okay! It's nothing that can't be treated! You're okay, everything is going to be just fine. " he smiled at you.

"H-how do you know tha-that?" your speech was disrupted from your hiccuping as you cried.

The man gently reached into his pocket and pulled out a round object. He threw it to the side and a long, red beast appeared. It coated its body in fire so it was released from the pokeball, looking ready to attack.

"No! Please, don't hurt me! I'm sorry! I'm sorry justdonthurtme!" your words began to blur together as you shied away from the creature before you.

The creature before you let its fire die out. It repositioned itself into a less terrifying pose. The man reached his hand out to you.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I promise. You can trust me. Everything is fine."
You squeezed your eyes shut and just wished that it was all a bad dream.

"My name is Kabu, what's yours?"

"{Y/N}" you opened your eyes, he was smiling at you.

"I need you to do a favour for me, is that okay?"

You nodded your head.

"Good, I need you to not be scared." he reached for your arm once again.

"H-huh?" you were startled but you were also too weak to pull your arm back.

The creature, which had been standing patiently nearby, came near to you. You were about to scream but decided it would be no use either way.

"This is centiskorch, he's a close companion of mine and he won't hurt you." the man turned your arm towards the Pokemon.

"Centiskorch has a special venom which stops itself from being burned, in emergencies it is used to treat even third degree burns."
Centiskorch held its head over your arm. An odd golden liquid dripped out onto your burn. At first it stung really bad. Then...

You were filled with a cooling sensation. The blisters on your arm were slowly going down and the pain left your body.

You stared in awe. It was like a magic you had never seen before!

"You'll always have the mark but it won't hurt you anymore."

Your tears came back but this time for a different reason. You threw yourself at Kabu, wrapping your arms around him.

You wanted to thank him but couldn't get the words out.

You felt his arms wrap around you. "It's okay, little one, I understand."
Centiskorch drew nearer to the two of you, yet another comforting presence to you.

"I take it that you're from the orphanage. If that's the case, why don't you come stay with me?"

In place of a reply you just smiled and hugged him tighter.

🔥🌺🔥🌺🔥🌺🔥🌺🔥🌺🔥🌺🔥🌺🔥

After the legal documents were signed and you stayed with Kabu under Foster care for six months, you legally became his child.

He raised you with as much love as if you were his biological child. You lived in a beautiful Motostoke home.
You made great friends in the school there.

Kabu was always a calming presence in your life, he stayed by your side when you were ill, he hugged you tight when you had nightmares and he was always there to hold your hand when you were scared.

Thanks to his help you grew more and more confident with age. You never once hid your burn scar, you wanted to help other burn victims through their trauma as you felt you could easily relate.

Kabu was with you when you caught your first Pokemon. Surprise surprise you chose to catch a sizzlipede!

You worked hard every day to become a strong trainer, building up your team of mostly fire types.

One day while you were training with Kabu in the arena-

Thud!

"Ow!" you yelled as you fell back. Immediately you jumped back up.
"Just gotta keep trying!" you yelled in confidence.

You turned around at the sound of the Fire leader laughing.

"Hey don't be rude!"

Kabu smiled at you. "I really couldn't have asked for a better child. I'm so proud of you, {Y/N}"

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🔥🔥🔥🔥🌺

SORRY IT'S SO LATEEEEE!

I actually really enjoyed writing this! I didn't proof read it so sorry if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes!

@rubyrogue18

I hope this is what you wanted but if you would ever like me to re write it I'd be happy to do so!

Next chapter... Half Zoroark reader x Bede part 2!