💫Shooting stars💫 {punkblade shipping}

If every time I thought of you a star fell, the sky would be empty

💫💙💫💙💫💙💫💙💫💙💫💙 💫💙💫

Most people peg her for the kind of girl who loved autumn. And they were right. The colder days, the pumpkins and seasonal café drinks, Halloween and the atmosphere. But there was one thing that Marnie really loved about autumn and that was the brilliant galaxy of shining stars that showed through each night.

She would spend her evenings on a little hill outside Spikemuth watching the darkening sky fill up one by one with the little suns. Had she not fallen in love with being a Pokémon trainer she probably would've chosen astronomy as her career path.

It's been a year since she competed for the title of champion and lost. A year since she watched history repeat itself. A year since she witnessed history being made.

She sat upon her favoured little hill and sighed deeply. The sky was covered with clouds tonight. There would be no brilliant galaxy of stars to cheer her up. That had really ruined her plans for the day.

The amount of trainers showing up to challenge the gym leader had lessened until it completely stopped. According to Piers this was a usual occurrence as the championship got close to its end. It's left Marnie bored out of her brain ans alone with her intrusive thoughts.

The first grand tournament since he became champion would be held two days from now.

"He's probably busy preparing." Marnie thought to herself.

"He's probably not thinking about me."

The raven haired girl slumped back against the soft grass beneath her and stared gloomily at the blank sky above her.
Her Pokémon partner had fallen asleep in her jacket, most likely clinging to the warmth it provided against the cool night breeze.

Marnie's mind wandered away from her in directions she wished it wouldn't go. In her desperation to try and get it back she failed to notice the soft footsteps of a certain someone coming to visit.

"Woah, it's much colder than I thought it would be!"

Marnie shot up and looked around to find the source of the voice.

"No way. It couldn't be," she thought.

"Behind you. Piers told me I'd find you here but I got a little lost on the way, hehe,"

It couldn't be.... Could it?

"Victor?" Marnie turned to face the rosy cheeked boy.

"Actually I've changed my name now." He joked. She stared at him in disbelief. He squirmed under her gaze.

"I... I was just kidding, I haven't actually." He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

"That's- oh, no, I mean yeah, I got that you were joking it's just.... I didn't expect to see you. Here or now. Shouldn't you be in Wyndon?" Marnie managed to get out as she sorted through her thoughts.

"I kinda hoped you be happier to see me.." Victor responded.

Marnie flushed, "I am happy to see you! I really I am! I'm just-"