Wakfu Part 61

--Jake--

We travel east and came up to a village that Aliah lives in. Also, there's these little blue fur balls with noodle arms and legs following us.

Alia: The village fountain is over there.

Me, Percedal, and Ruel all dash to the fountain and drink the water.

Alia:We don't see many strangers here, and I'd love to hear the news of the world. | Eva:We would love to, but we still have a long way ahead of us. We'd rather not delay ourselves. | Alia:At least take some food. The path to the south is rough. If you wanna cross the desert, you'd better have ample supplies. | Yugo:Ok! That's really nice of you!

Eva:Amalia, I'm going with Yugo. Get the other three. We'll meet back here.

Hearing what Eva said in the distance, I pat Ruel and Dally's shoulders, signaling them that its time to go. I see a kid approaching me with a mean look and a small wooden sword in his hands. He lets out a "HYAH!" and attacked my leg.

Jake:Uh...is there something you need, kid? | Kid:My name is Bordigan and I'm guarding this fountain, so stay back! | Jake:*chuckles* Sure kid. | Pandawa:Forgive him strangers. He has no manners. | Jake:Its alright. | Pandawa:If you want to eat or drink, Lucas' Inn is over there. Actually, I'm heading over there myself.

Pandawa:*to the kid* Go home right now before I get angry! (the kid mocks her) Why you little--?! GO HOME!

Ruel:Is everyone in this village crazy? | Jake:Let's go and regroup with Eva and Yugo.

So we did and head off.

Amalia:Alia is very pretty, but a little silly if you ask me. A brute like Bordigan wouldn't hold me back. I would've left a long time ago to see if the grass wasn't greener on the other side.

Loyalty, Amalia. Well, I guess in some way.

Ruel:Staying in a place like this, what an idea...even their kids has gone nuts.

Percedal:I understand her, love can make some people go Iop sometimes! Right Eva?

She stopped walking and halts in front of us.

Eva:No, I just can't... | Percedal:What? You can't walk? You want me to carry you? | Eva:No, I just can't. I can't leave them like that. We're going back. | Percedal:What are you talking about? | Amalia:Go back? But why? Have you forgotten something?

Yugo walks up to her and hold her hand.

Yugo:Thank you,Eva.

She burst into tears but smiled at Yugo.

Ruel:Do any of you understand what's going on? | Jake:You're how many years old and you don't know how to read a situation? It looks like Alia told some story behind her and Bordigan.

We turn and ran back to the village and search for Alia. She was inside Lucas' Inn and began talking with her, gaining more information.

Eva:I guess you looked for the others? | Alia:Yeah, but we came up dry. Only Bordigan is left. The villagers who was with him vanished without a trace. | Bartender:That cursed fountain is responsible, I'm sure.

Alia:But as I've told you, we don't know if its the water that's cursed or the place. | Jake: Going from what we've seen and the info we currently have, I'm guessing its the water. If it was the place itself, I could've seen the sigils as bright as day.

Jake:By putting Bordigan and the others into a similar situation to ours, which is us discovering this fountain and go to drink the water in it because we're thirsty, that would mean that the others drank first before Bordigan did. Because of that, they all disappeared, save for Bordigan, who is now chosen by this fountain to guard it, for some reason.

Jake:For now, that's my theory. Let's look for more clues inside the fountain. | Yugo:What kind of clues are we looking for? | Ruel:Anything that seems magical. A jewel, some runes, an altar. | Pandawa:You're forgetting something. Bordigan. He'll never let you near the fountain. | Customer:We've tried several times. We were never able to. | Bartender:They're right. Bordigan's too strong. Its a lost cause.

Eva:Well, as luck would have it, we're at expert at lost causes! | Yugo:Yep! That's how you recognize heroes! | Jake:*chuckles* Couldn't have said it better myself.