Wakfu Part 16

--Jake--

Ruel:You're standing in front of the Stroud family residence! | Everyone:What!?

He doesn't give us an answer and proceeded to do some dance before his front door opened. He turns around and sees our unamused faces

Ruel:*shrugs* What's the big deal?

He enters his house,but Rich made his move first and tried to get inside,only for Ruel to almost close the door on him if he didn't block it with his foot.

The hell? He's planning something...

Rich:Aren't you gonna offer us a little something to drink at least? | Ruel:In your dreams! No one enters my house!

Everyone,except Jake,burst through the door and rushed into the house with excited squealing,leaving Ruel flattened against the wall. Jake walks up the steps and eyes Rich before entering the house.

Ruel:Stop stop stop! Not one step further! No one move! Stay there. Give me a minute to check something and then I'm all yours ok? | Amalia:Well of course Ruel!

They all spread out and begin inspecting the house.

Evangyline:*looking at a bookshelf* So Ruel can read?

Rubilax:*Percedal checks out the weapons* Look all you like. You'll never find better.

Jake:*picks up a bead of amethyst* Gemstones?

Ruel goes behind some curtains and disappears. Suspiciously,Rich disappears too.

Jake:Hey,has anyone seen that McDeek guy? | Evangyline:Now that you've mentioned it,where is he?

A faint boom was heard below the house and a rumble was felt.

Percedal:That must be the guard dog! | Amalia:No it's not! It came from downstairs! | Jake:Let's go! Ruel went this way!

They followed me as I pass the curtain and head down the stairs.

Jake:Stick close. Since Ruel doesn't want us down here,expect there to b-- (a click was heard) | Percedal:Click? | Jake:Traps!

The shovels on the walls protruded with a mechanical arm holding it. They start swinging wildly as the stairs turn into a ramp. Everyone started sliding and getting hit by the shovels as I barely dodging them by a hair's width. We reach the bottom and I wasn't able to dodge the last shovel.

Jake:Aw dammit. (rubs his head) Almost flawless. Reminds me of my training back home.

Everyone else,however,got it much worse. They got bruises,broken teeth,cartoon bumps,and a black eye.

Percedal:Even though I'm used to getting whacked,this sure does hurt my teeth. | Yugo:You said it. Girls,are you okay? | Amalia:No problem! We dodged everything! | Jake:Heh,sure I can see that. | Yugo:You almost went unscathed Jay! How'd you do it? | Jake:I go under rigorous training when I was younger. Handling or dodging multiple attacks from many different angles are easy peasy for me.

We all fixed up ourselves and approached the next chamber,which is mostly empty save for the fact that there are tiles with various numbers of kama on it while there is a large picture of an Enutrof posing with his shovel. Weirdly looks like Ruel for some reason.

Evangyline:Hold on Dally,I don't trust those tiles. | Jake:Neither do I. (crouches down and inspects the floor) | Evangyline:Amalia? | Amalia:Got it!

She throws down her doll and it struts through the tiles. The doll stepped on a 1 kama tile and got squashed by a sandbag from above. The doll easily recovered and continued walking before it stepped on a 3 kama tile and got pierced by spikes...twice.