Wakfu Part 57

--Jake--

Yugo:*blech* What's that smell? | Amalia:I warned you. Welcome to the pandawas.

Jake:*sniffs* A mix of salt and decay. Let's head down and look for clues. | Ruel:It was prettier in my memories... | Rubilax:Compared to Rushu's world, this is quite nice!

Amalia reaches her hand to a bamboo and tries to revive it, only for the leaves to immediately rot and fall.

Amalia: Its the salt water! That's why the bamboo is rotten... | Eva:*looks in Scribble* Right, the portal is this way.

Yugo:Ugh, this place is full of mosquitos!

Jake:Amalia, hurry up, don't get separated.

Eva:The village isn't far now. | Amalia:You think they could've drained their swamps? No, too busy emptying tanks of milk and folk songs! What a bunch of--

She trips on a strand of bamboo and fell into the salt water.

Ruel:Amalia! Are you okay? (something replied to him with a quiet wheeze) | Ruel: Poor-- | Jake:Who's there!

They all turn towards my direction and see bamboo monsters with green eyes.

Eva:*nocks an ice arrow* Not another step closer! If you come closer, we'll shoot! (Jake conjures several fireballs around him)

A horde of the bamboo monsters, which kinda behave like zombies it looks like, approaches us without stopping.

Percedal:Too bad for them! We warned them!

We shoot our projectiles at the bamboo zombies, only for our attacks to pass through them completely.

Eva:Jake, please tell me you know how to fight something you can't touch! | Jake:You'd have to find their weakness first, but I have no idea what it might be! Just run! | Percedal:Run?! Have you-- | Jake:You'll do absolutely nothing to them Dally! | Ruel:To the portal!

We ran to the direction toward the portal.

Yugo:Az! Az?! Don't touch them! Don't touch them at all! | Ruel:Oh no, the portal! It's boarded up! | Jake:Where are you guys?! Don't split up!

I heard a splash behind me and see a group of the bamboo monsters walking towards me. I tried pushing them away with water, wind, earth, fire, even with my electricity, all to be met with no resistance from them. A groan was heard behind me and I instinctively turn and block the attack, only for a bamboo zombie to pass through me completely.

Jake:Ah fuck this isn't good...

Everything turned to black and my consciousness fades...

--A few hours passes by--

I wake up to the feeling of my body being drenched in something. I look around and see Amalia, Yugo, and a Pandawa fighting a big fat Pandawa.

Jake:Huh? | Amalia:A little help! | Fat Pandawa:ITS MY MILK! MY MILK!!!

I waste no time and dash toward Amalia and block the Fat Pandawa's attack. I then give him a roundhouse kick and stunned him for Amalia to incapacitate him with her brambles.

Yugo/Jake:Who's that guy? / Who's he? | Amalia:The owner of the cellar, but not the smartest person. | Pandawa:It's my fault, I should've known he would stay here, next to his barrels. Our own barrel is down for, and there are only 4 undamaged pumps. (he tosses us some sort of bamboo guns) We're going have to be smart my friends.

Jake:Here. (I give him back my bamboo gun)  I don't need it. I'm sure Amalia has already told you that I'm the Elementalist, right? | Pandawa:You may be able to control the elements, but I doubt you can control bamboo milk.

I give him a smile and enter the cellar. I burst open a group of barrels holding the bamboo milk at the back of the cellar, and collected them into a rather large ball that floats behind me.

Pandawa:Hmph, you and your friends keep on surprising me little girl. (A horde of the bamboo zombies begin to close in on us) To the cellar, its our only chance! Its walls are made of original bamboo!

The others head inside and I close the doors. Amalia came in and help me keep them shut as the bamboo zombies struggle to get in.

Jake:Before anything, the name's Jake! | Pandawa:Pandiego. Now, we're going to share tasks! I'll take care of reloading, and you, start pumping! | Amalia:Dally! Eva! Jake, on my mark! (he nods) Go!

We briefly open the doors and bamboo-ed Percedal and Evangyline comes through. We drench them in the bamboo milk and they turn back to normal.

Jake:So that's how you saved me? No wonder I was wet.

Rubilax:*laughs at Percedal* A real knight, in all its glory!

Eva:Amalia! Yugo! Jay! | Yugo:*pumps bamboo milk to the zombies* Happy to see you again guys! | Percedal:Jay? What are...? | Jake:*Pandiego passes me his other bamboo gun, to which I toss it to Dally* Take this and do what Yugo's doing! | Percedal:Oh no you don't! Don't expect me to use this thing! A knight does not fight with a milk sprayer! | Jake:Then use it as a greatsword then! Just make sure you spray the milk at them!

Yugo:Pandiego! Reload! | Eva:Just shut up and pump,Iop brain! | Pandiego:Put your backs into it you maggots! | Amalia:Come on Dally, spray them! | Percedal:Hey I'm a warrior not a gardener! | Eva:There's too many of them! | Yugo:Everytime we cure one, they got turned back by the others! | Jake:Pandiego, we have to flood them with the milk!

The doors immediately burst from the other side as a large bamboo zombie knocked us all away. I felt my body turning into a zombie but I quickly coat myself in the milk. Popping a few more barrels, I release a flood of milk and drenched everything in bamboo milk.

I gather more milk from more barrels and see that the bamboo zombies has turned into normal Pandawas.

Pandiego:Impressive! Way more effective than the milk pumps. You think you can do it on a larger scale? | Jake:Of course I can!

I then pop all of the barrels and ran out with a river of bamboo milk following me. I gather them up to a very large ball and threw it high into the air. With a clap and a bit of waiting, it starts to rain bamboo milk and everything start returning back to normal.

After a few hours, we were in the tavern enjoying some bamboo milk as Amalia tells us what was going on as we were zombie-fied.

Amalia:We went back to Pandiego's hiding place and Sadida heard my prayer! This bamboo sprig resisted the salt water. The valley can now be replanted! | Pandiego:Not too bad, eh? For a little girl... | Amalia:Little girl huh?! You know what this little girl thinks, you big barrel?

She tackled him and began to sing a Pandawa's version of a famous sea shanty back home. The whole tavern then began to dance to the song and we enjoyed the rest of the day in Pandalucia.