With a sigh, he pulled off his shirt and pants before putting on a pair of sweatpants instead. He ignored brushing his teeth as he laid down in the bed, exhausted and worried about what had happened that day. He just wanted this to be a bad dream. He wanted to wake up from it and find Tony beside him, perfectly safe and unharmed.

No matter how hard he tried, sleep didn't want to take over his consciousness. His bed felt incredibly cold and empty where he was laying alone with the duvet up to his ears. His eyes felt dry and he tried to keep them close. But every time he closed them, he saw the raven-haired in front of him.

Steve eventually gave up and sat up in his bed instead. It was completely dark in his room, but he didn't mind it one bit. The darkness kept him from seeing the empty spot next to him, where usually a sleeping Tony would be cuddled up into the covers with his nose buried into the pillow. His hair would always get messed up into a ball of fluff while his small breathing calmed Steve down nerve by nerve.

The blond still couldn't forget the first night with Tony. The night's that was everything else than peaceful. When small breathings and calm and quiet snores hadn't yet filled the room, but were replaced with silence. Steve knew that Tony had been awake night after night. He had heard him cry when he thought Steve was asleep, and when he was, he had always woken up when Tony got one of his horrible nightmares.

The genius always said he was fine. That he could take care of himself and that he didn't need nor want Steve's pity.

But he did. And when he finally had accepted that, and when they had figured it out. They had been so good.

Steve closed his eyes and trailed his hand over Tony's empty spot, almost like he thought the simple hand gesture would bring him back. Back to the night before when they had been so good. When everything had been great.

*The night before*

"Tony stop! What if they come in?"

Tony looked at him with a warm smile on his face while pinning the other guys body into the mattress. Steve could feel how the blood in his cheeks warmed up from the connection against his almost naked body as Tony hugged him tightly.

"It's in the middle of the night dummy." Tony said before trailing small kisses on Steve's naked chest.

"Dad isn't a very heavy sleeper." Steve pointed out.

"Then I guess you have to be quiet." Tony shrugged before tracing his hands down Steve's naked sides.

Steve scoffed. "I'm not worried about my own volume."

Tony stopped in the middle of a wet kiss and looked up at the blond's face. The moonlight lit the raven-haired boy up beautifully and Steve couldn't take his eyes off him where he was laying over his body.

"Getting confident are we Rogers?"

Steve shrugged innocently where he laid on his back, which made Tony smile smugly. The genius pushed himself further up Steve's body and connected their mouths in a hungry kiss, his hands pinning Steve's arms above his head. Steve let out a small groan as Tony bit his lip lightly and squeeze his wrist.

"Looks like I'm stronger." Tony whispered against his boyfriend's chin before biting it lightly. Steve gave him a look before smirking. In a quick movement, he grabbed the smaller guy's arms in a tight grip and released himself from the submissive position. He could hear how Tony made a small moan down his throat in surprise and arousal before Steve flipped them over.