Chapter 22

The loud music and mind-blowing bass made Steve want to cover his ears in annoyance, while the vibrations from the floor tingled his feet and he could feel it in his head. People were laughing, dancing, playing games, and making out. Touching each other more than necessary, making the rooms hotter than they already were. The air was thick and smoky from the smoke machines while the smell of alcohol burned in his nose.

He hated parties.

"Hey Steve! Wanna take shots?!" A very drunk Sam stumbled up to him with a lazy smile, leaning against the wall where his friend was leaned against the bar.

Steve wrinkled his nose discreetly. "I'm good." He answered. Turning his head towards the dancing people.

"Suit yourself." Sam responded with a shrug of his shoulders before asking the bartender to fill up his glass. Steve watched as his friend swallowed the shot in a second.

"This shit is good." Sam cheered, getting the glass filled a second time.

"I'm not driving you home." Steve mumbled with a small smile.

"That's fine." Sam answered and waved his hand in the air. "Bucky's my ride anyway. I wish he was here." Sam said casually, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

Steve was just about to answer when they suddenly heard how the cheering and yelling became louder outside. Both of them looked at each other before making their way through the crowds, Steve a little steadier than Sam.

When they finally got out on the back yard where the huge pool and the outside bar were, they heard how people were yelling "jump!jump!jump!" in a choir of excited voices.

"What the-" Steve mumbled as his eyes traveled up to where everyone was looking. His eyes widening when he saw Pietro standing on the roof, swallowing down his drink before throwing it somewhere out of sight, only to smirk down at the people before jumping.
Water splashing everywhere as his body is connected to the water.

Sam cheered loudly next to him just as everyone else did, watching as Clint stood at the end of the pool, laughing at the younger guy.

"Isn't this getting a little bit out of hand?" Steve asked him a little hesitant. Sam gave him a look.

"Oh c'mon stop being such a mom." He groaned jokingly.

"I'm not!" Steve protested.

"M-hm...sure." Sam said with a smirk. "Now if you excuse me, the ladies are calling." He murmured as his eyes caught a group of girls, sitting in nothing more than bikinies in a corner of the pool.

Steve groaned irritated while trying to find someone with at least one sober and functioning brain cell. Which would be very hard to find. He let his eyes travel over the dancing people and the pool, taking in the scene where Natasha had pushed Clint into the blue water with his clothes on. Making the blond shake his head in amusement as he saw how the silver-haired teen laughed and swam over to a very angry and very wet Clint Barton.

No brain cells over there.

He let his eyes travel further, his face dropping when he spotted something that made his head hurt, and his eyebrows wrinkle.

Stark, leaning over a brunette girl with his hand resting next to her head on the wall with a flirty smirk on his face. Drink in his hand while the girl with a pair of very small shorts was playing with the collar of his button-up shirt.
She bit her lip and giggled a little at something he had said, throwing her long brown hair over her shoulder, showing more of her not-so-covered body. Her eyes were full of lust as she pulled his body closer to hers, making him smile even more smugly. He must enjoy being wanted...