Chapter 35

The sound of dripping water was the first thing he could hear as he woke up. Drip, drop, drip, one by one they fell down, from somewhere he didn't know. The sent of mold, dirt, and concrete filled his nostrils and made him wrinkle his forehead a little. He finally started to wake up, and the cold stone under his body felt hard against his skin.

Pain, hunger, cold and sorrow grew inside of him as he started to get more and more aware of what had happened to him. His body hurt and every bone felt like they had been crushed and healed over and over again. Like in a loop that never seemed to end.

Slowly he opened his chocolate eyes, only to be met by yellowish lightning that made his sight blurry for a few seconds. He attempted to move, but ended up with him groaning out as his muscles didn't seem to work with him. He tried one more time, carefully moving his hand, which was laid next to him on the floor. His face felt cold as it was laying against the cold floor and his arms, legs and neck felt incredibly sore.

Tony carefully pushed himself up, using his arms to get up on his forearms and slowly sit up. He moaned out in pain as his left arm almost felt like cracking under him. His ribs were hurting and his head felt like his brain was trying to pop out of his head. It wasn't a pleasant feeling. He blinked his eyes and studied his arm in the dim light of the yellow lamps. It was clearly broken. Wouldn't surprise him if he had a few broken ribs too.

The teen sighed in exhaustion before looking around himself. He was surrounded by bars, noticing that they looked pretty new compared to the rest of the room. Which looked more like an old lab of some kind with workbenches, broken test tubes, and ripped fabric of white coats. He could even spot a shelf with broken goggles on and used equipment.

He raised his eyebrows, taking in his surroundings and nervously looking around himself in the cell. It must have been moved here by someone recently. It was way too shiny and modern to be a part of this old room.

"Where the fuck am I?" He whispered to himself, trying once against to stand up, even though he obviously was too weak to do it.

"You're awake."

Tony quickly turned his head as he heard the unfamiliar voice coming from the shadows. The sound seemed to echo between the walls and he felt how sweat of nervousity ran down his back. He desperately tried to spot the owner of the voice. But he was way too dizzy to focus correctly. The dim light didn't light up the whole room and Tony was 100% sure that the voice came from the shadows.

"Oh sorry," the voice apologized. "I forgot, your sight hasn't fully recovered yet."

Tony mouthed a confused "what" while trying to focus his blurry sight, only to slightly jump as a gestalt suddenly was visible in front of him in the light. The genius had to narrow his eyes to make out the details of the person, and when he finally got his mind together, he was met by a very tall man with black hair and tan skin.

The man was dressed in a pair of costume pants and a white button-up shirt with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows. To be honest, he was very handsome. Only in his late 20ties with emerald green eyes and a sharp jawline.

Tony eyed him up and down, not daring to open his mouth just yet. His lips felt incredibly cold and sticky from blood and drought.

"There's no need to be afraid Stark." The man said, even though his voice cut through Tony's ears like knives. "I won't hurt you. Actually I brought you something." He said.

Tony looked at him with toxic and untrustful eyes as the man held out a small paper bag. The teen almost jumped back in defense when the man shook the bag a little in the air.

The man gave him a comforting smile, even though his eyes remained smug. "Relax, it's food. You look like you needed it."

The teen raised an eyebrow, not accepting the bag as the untrustful feeling in his gut didn't seem to disappear. The man rolled his eyes. "Fine, suit yourself." He said while placing the bag at the nearest desk. The silence filled the room for a short while as the man rested against the desk, taking in the young guy in front of him with thoughtful eyes.