Chapter 17

It felt like everything went in slow motion. The sounds of slamming locker doors, mumbling voices that were discussing with each other, a ball hitting a wall over and over again as someone warmed up through wall passes. All of those sounds seemed to be out of focus while Steve closed his eyes.

It felt like he was going to sink into the hard bench under him as his body tried to relax as much as possible. He didn't even hear how Sam and Bucky were arguing for the hundredth time and how Thor was looking at them rather confused with his big innocent eyes.

God Steve had never been this nervous before. They were going to have their regular training before the tryouts would start. And even that made Steve nervous. What if his little weapon that was now placed on his ankle would stop working?

Steve had already told the coach that he would be participating in the tryouts for the captain of the soccer team. So that was under control.

He had also had Bucky giving him a little motivation talk while Sam just annoyed him at the same time.

Why couldn't they just stay away from each other for like two seconds? They were literally like a package deal. If you want Sam, you'll get Bucky too. Not in a relationship way but more of a "you can't be alone with Bucky cause Sam will pop out from out of nowhere".

They were literally like irritating old grandmas sometimes. Their constant arguing and fighting made you want to stuff your ears with whatever you could find.

But Steve had to admit that it wouldn't be the same without both of them. Both Sam and Bucky were troublemakers. Even though they kind of dislike each other, they made a hella good team.

"Hey Steve, you okay?" Bucky asked a little concerned when he saw how Steve's leg was shaking up and down while staring into thin air.

"Hm? Yea I'm fine." Steve answered after he snapped out of his nervous thoughts.

"You sure dude?" Sam asked from the floor where he was sitting against the lockers. "You seem pretty pale."

"Is it Stark again?" Bucky asked with an irritated tone. "Cause if that jackass doesn't stop with his attitude I'll make sure his smart playboy ass will be kicked
down to Antarctica."

"No it's not Stark." Steve responded, even though he couldn't stop a smile from appearing from Bucky's words. "Or..part of it. But not really." He then said.

"I knew it." Bucky mumbled.

"What did he do this time?" A darker voice asked from behind and when Steve turned his head he saw Thor standing at the lockers, shirtless and a water bottle in his hand. Man, that dude worked out.

"Nothing." Steve said. Not to sound rude, but he actually wanted to tell neither Bucky nor Sam or Thor for that matter what was on his mind.

"Really?" Bucky asked suspiciously. "Nothing at all?"

Steve inhaled irritated. "It's not important. And I'm not just thinking about him."

Sam snorted sarcastically. "Sure, keep telling yourself that." Which made Steve look at him confused while Bucky tried to hold his smirking to himself.

"By the way." He said and Steve looked up at his friend. "How could you all of a sudden walk and run like a normal person who's not looking like an old grandpa?"

"I guess my medicine worked its magic." Steve answered after a little pause of thinking about what to answer.

"Over one night?" Sam asked while smirking teasingly.

"Yes." Steve answered shortly before standing up, stretching his shoulders a bit.

"Maybe the injury in your foot was only in here." Bucky teased while poking teasingly in Steve's hair, making Steve slap his hand away immediately as he gave him a death stare.