Thirty Four: The Goblet of Mice

i'm sorry, i haven't watched any episode from the 15th season of supernatural, but i just watched what castiel told dean (if you know you know) and i am s o b b i n g

so here is me trolling again:

::

When Draco, Goyle, Crabbe and Ella climbed up the stairs and finally arrived to breakfast on the morning of the thirtieth of October (Ella was huffing quite dramatically; "why so many stairs!" while Malfoy was muttering about her being a drama queen, to which Goyle replied "You're the biggest drama queen I've met, Draco," and was punched on the shoulder), they found that the Great Hall had been decorated overnight. Of course, Ella was a part of the decorating.

Enormous silk banners hung from the walls, eachof them representing a Hogwarts House: red with a gold lion forGryffindor, blue with a bronze eagle for Ravenclaw, yellow with ablack badger for Hufflepuff, and green with a silver serpent forSlytherin. Behind the teachers' table, the largest banner of all borethe Hogwarts coat of arms: lion, eagle, badger, and snake unitedaround a large letter H.

"What's the H for?" Ella asked, as though she hadn't been there before to see the hall.

"Hogwarts, Ella!"

"Oh, right," she nodded. "We're not called Fartwarts."

"What the--" A loud whooshing sound signaled that the post owls arrived, and Hedwig perched on Ella's head, making the girl try and look upwards.

"Hi Hedwig," she greeted. "You got something for me, or do you just like me more than Potter?" The white owl hooted, and Ella laughed. "I dunno what you just said, but I'll take it as a yes, you like me more. Let's sit down and eat something?"

The group walked to the Slytherin table, and she fed Hedwig with some crackers, before Hedwig flew over to the Gryffindor table, allowed Harry to take the envelope (it was a letter from Sirius, and it had inside of it another envelope, smaller, addressed to Ella, so Harry gave Hedwig the letter and sent her back to Ella), before she returned to Ella with a note from Sirius, and plenty of pictures.

"Is that Black?" Pansy wondered, and Ella nodded.

"Doesn't he have like, a daddy in prison kind of vibe?"

"Oh my Merlin, Ella!" Goyle groaned. "Eat in silence."

She shrugged, and gave another cracker to Hedwig. "You get me, right? He's hot." The owl shook her head, and she shrugged. "You're an owl, I suppose you think Fang's the epitome of beauty, no?"

Hedwig once more shook her head.

"Hey, maybe if I become an animagus I'll be able to talk to you?" Hedwig titled her head, and Ella bounced to her feet. "Let's go to McGonagall, Hedwig! We've got a quest to fulfill!"

"What is--" Malfoy started, but Ella was already walking over to the Staff table, and was interrogating McGonagall. "Are we sure she's a Slytherin?"

The group all nodded solemnly.

::

"So when's the full moon?" Cedric wondered as the two shifted around the various students to walk together to the great hall.

"In almost three weeks," Ella sighed.

"Are you sure you want to do it? It could backfire, then you'll be like, half a bitch and half a goose."

She shoved him as he laughed, "you're such an arse. Aren't Hufflepuffs supposed to be nice?" she wondered, and he looked around, pulling her over to the hallway on their side, where no one could see them.

"I don't play nice when it comes to you, and you know it," he grinned, leaning closer. She raised her eyes to look at his, before her gaze snapped down to his lips.