Thirty Three: Shackles

"Why are you like this."

Cedric opened his eyes, blinking slowly at the sight Amelia Fitzgerald frowning at him. His arm was draped over something warm that emitted a loud noise, and he blinked again.

"Fitzgerald? What are you doing here?" he wondered casually, still half-asleep.

"You nicked me quill, again!" She huffed, "so I came to take it back and then I see you sharing a bed with a Slytherin!"

Cedric blinked, finally looking down at the warm something. Ella was snoring loudly, obviously still deep in her dreams. "Oh, it's Ella."

"You're a Prefect!" she lectured, "and not only you mustn't spend too long in the opposite sex's rooms, she's from another house! You mustn't be in other common rooms!"

"Well," Cedric said casually. "It's my birthday gift?"

"NO!" she yelled, and she looked around. "And where are you dorm-mates?" she raised an eyebrow.

"They're having a slumber party with the other guys from our year," he scratched the skin just under his eyebrow. "You know, Ella is like a big teddy bear, you just snuggle and hear her snores, and that's the best gift ever. Won't you let me enjoy it?"

"No."

"Oh, come on. Life as a Head-girl really sucked out your fun attributes."

"You had sex!" she accused.

"WHO DID!" Ella woke up very suddenly, sitting up far too quickly and looking around wildly. "Where's the gossip?"

"You did," Cedric informed her casually, and she turned to face him.

"I did? With who?"

"With me?"

"When?"

"I dunno, loads of times."

"Last night?"

"Definitely."

"I'M TELLING SPROUT!" Fitzgerald called out, about to walk off when Ella called her back. "What is it, Grey?"

"If you don't tell her, I'll buy you the coolest pet ever," Fitzgerald eyed her, hesitating.

"Which pet?"

"Abraxan."

"What, Ella--" Cedric started, and was shushed quickly.

"I'm listening," Fitzgerald nodded, "Go on."

"See, I am all booked for detentions, so you'll only be punishing Cedric, who is a prefect. It'll reflect badly on your prefects, correct?" Fitzgerald nodded. "And you want an Abraxan, correct?" she nodded again. "And I know where to get them."

"There are Abraxans on school grounds?" Fitzgerald asked, and Ella grinned.

"Oh, of course. There are many creatures here that Kettleburn, Hagrid and I are the only people to know about. You don't know the half of it."

"Are there dragons here?" Ella paused, remembering the first detention she had with Kettleburn and Hagrid.

Well, plural? "No."

"You're really living the life, Ella," Cedric said in awe. "You never told me about all of those adventures."

"Well, I'm an inside person," she shrugged. "And your Abraxan is waiting," she informed Amelia, who nodded.

"You guys are off the hook," she informed, grabbing her quill, "you better be more discreet about your adventures, and I'll be awaiting your owl about my Abraxan."