Twenty Seven: Lime with no Sand

"Bow bow wow wah wow," Ella sung to herself, "waka waka wah wow," she looked up and around her. The woods were getting thicker and thicker, and she wasn't certain if the sun was closer to rise now than it was when she ran away from the hooded people.

So she kept singing the song with no lyrics, but decided to plop down on the ground. Her hums slowly turned into a melody she actually knew, and though she barely knew the meaning of the words, she found herself singing to herself.

"Odam kirec tutmuyor, kumunu katmayınca," she hummed the rest of the chorus, and sighed as she turned to look up. "Baba, ben dervis miyem hırkamı giymis miyem," she was about to continue, when she heard a branch snapping and she jumped to her feet, ready to attack, already holding her fist up, and being prepared to protect herself with the other hand.

"I don't mean harm," a voice spoke, and she grinned, recognizing the boy (mainly because of most of his face developing bruises).

"Oh, sorry."

"No, it's-- crazy up there."

"Tell me about it," she grinned, and he seemed confused. "It's... like, a way to say 'yeah, you're right'."

"Ah, english slang," said Viktor Krum, and Ella nodded. "Viktor Krum."

"Ella Grey," she smiled and shook his hand. The two looked at each other for a moment, and then Ella sat back down on the ground, and after a few moments he did the same. "So how old are you?"

"Seventeen. You?"

"Almost seventeen," she admitted. "Are you still in school then?" He nodded. "Dungstrang?"

"Zis is not de name of my school."

"It is in my world." He barely concealed a chuckle at this comment, and soon they both stayed silent in their own comfort, and Ella was back to humming her songs.

She was missing with Viktor Krum, safe to say someone would find them at some point.

And true, barely two hours (she assumed, she wasn't very good at reading watches, and she didn't want to ask Krum to tell her what time it was, because she was already twisting herself in awkward angles to try and catch a glimpse of his watch) after Krum joined her in the small clearing, a lean man rushed over.

"Viktor!" he called, and Krum stood up.

"Headmaster," he nodded sullenly, and he circled his arms around the seeker.

"I was so worried, and o-" his blue eyes turned terrified when he met Ella's brown eyes. "Ah, you're no alone, I see. Let's get out of here then?" he seemed in an unnatural hurry to leave the clearing, and Ella tried to keep up with the long strides of the two men. Krum's headmaster would pick up his pace whenever Ella almost caught up, and she decided lazily to just trail behind them, which made the man throw anxious looks over his shoulder.

Krum eventually fell into her pace rather than the headmaster's, and she whispered to him very quietly.

"Your headmaster is very odd."

"Yes." he agreed simply, and Ella grinned.

"I like you, Krum."

"Blagodarya ti."

"Bless you," she said simply, when she finally saw daylight again, and cheered. The headmaster quite literally doubled over, before realizing Ella was not doing anything but cheer happily. He looked at her for a moment, before a man called them over.

"Grey! Karkaroff! Krum!"

"Mr. Crouch!" she greeted the man who stepped closer, looking beyond upset. "What, in Merlin's beard, is going on?"