Chapter Twenty Nine: Loving Snape

Cedric and Ella ended up sleeping most of the ride.

Another Hufflepuff prefect came to fetch Cedric for a while, and woke the two up, but Cedric returned soon after, and buried himself in the blanket again. They were curled at opposite sides near the window, and Ella fell over when the train started slowing down.

In a romantic, perfect world she'd fall into Cedric's arms.

But in Ella's world she fell straight to the floor, and tears filled her eyes as she supported a bleed from her nose.

"Ella?" Cedric asked, peering down. "Oh, I think we need to get to the hospital wing."

"Can't you use Episkey?" she asked, and he smiled.

"Right," he took out his wand, and pointed it her nose. "Episkey," he said simply, and her nose felt warm, before it cooled down and was no longer painful. "Better?"

"Yup," she grinned, and he offered her some tissue to clean the blood.

The two made their way outside, where Fred practically tackled her. "Ella!"

"Fred?" she tried.

"Finally, she tells the difference!" Fred grinned at George, throwing an arm around her shoulder and practically shoving Cedric away as he walked away with her, and into the rain. "So how was the world cup?"

"Ah, I met Krum!"

"Woah, really?" George asked, and she nodded, grinning.

"We both went lost, and then we met Crouch-- he seemed really grumpy."

"He always does," Fred smiled.

"But Percy licks his butt all the time," George informed. Fred stepped ahead of Ella to open the door to the carriages (Fred and George once again wondered what invisible creature pulls them, but Ella simply glanced at the black horse-like, winged creatures) and she entered the carriage, followed by Fred. "Mr. Crouch said this, Mr. Crouch did that. I reckon he dumped Penelope for Crouch."

Ella laughed, before George climbed in as well and closed the door.

"Where's Lee?"

"He's trying to hit on Katie Bell," George informed, "she's a bit hung up on Wood, but he never even glanced at her."

"Cool beans," Ella said simply, looking at the two. "Say, your family counts as Blood Traitors, right?"

"The Slytherin awakens!" George called out, grinning.

"Shove off," she smiled. "Can you answer the question?"

"Yeah, we count as blood traitors," Fred replied. "Would you rather it if we keep a bit of a distance? I mean, I know you're not the most popular Slytherin as it is."

"Nah, it's fine," she smiled. "Blood purity is important to them, but they won't ever be actually mean to a fellow Slytherin. Unless he's a muggle-born." Fred raised an eyebrow, "I'm just saying, they bully the Gryffindor lot enough, and they just come back to the common room to snog and gossip. No bullying in our common room."

"That's actually much more than I'd give you lot," George stated, impressed.

"No making fun of each other?" Fred wondered.

"Well, obviously we do. There's this guy who always tries napping at the common room, and he always makes fun of other people in order to be left alone, which is odd- why won't he just go to his own room?"

"So, you've really got a good dynamic, all in all, yeah?" Fred wondered.

"Yup," she grinned, and the carriage came to a halt, "ready to run from the rain?"