Fifteen: The Bee That Gave Me Points

"That's weird."

"What?" Ella asked as Hermione caught up to her.

"You wearing a Hufflepuff tie," the bushy haired girl stated simply, and Ella glanced down. Yellow instead of green, black instead of silver, and panic in her veins. She was a step from the Great Hall, and she turned around swiftly to walk back to the dungeons.

"Ella, there you are," Cedric called, and Ella frowned. "Your tie," he handed her the tie with a grin, and she practically threw her (well, his) tie at his face, making Hermione smile knowingly at the two.

"Aren't you a prefect?" she wondered, and Ella turned to look at her.

"I was emotionally supporting the girl I tutor, that's all, Granger," he grinned charmingly.

"Is that right?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Snape and Dumbledore were gossiping about me last night," Ella informed, "and Ced's the only person in this school I trust, so I holed myself in his room."

"As long as you're not gonna have a mini-Ella by this time next year--"

"HERMIONE!" Ella shrieked, seeing Mrs. Norris walking creepily slow behind her back. "There's a spy here!" she pointed at the cat, who hissed at her.

Hermione and Cedric exchanged a glance while Ella chose to hiss at the cat, who hissed back.

"Was she always that insane?" Cedric wondered, making Hermione nod. "Come on kiddo," he put a hand on her shoulder. "It's thursday, there are puddings in thursday."

"I like puddings!" she cheered and walked off from the cat, leaving Hermione to shake her head at the two. She had to applaud Cedric for getting that very girl to actually study and behave almost normally.

Hermione grinned.

She couldn't even be upset Ella never said anything about her and Cedric.

::

A bee landed on Ella's nose.

She furrowed her eyebrows while wondering what would be the next step, when Koda pounced on her face, making the bee fly straight into Goyle's mouth, and he screamed.

"Goyle! What is it?" Professor Sprout jumped in fright, overly invested in her Vervain.

"Something flew into its mouth!" Malfoy called in shock, "that weird... giraffe of Ella's made it happen!"

Ella tilted her head at Koda. A giraffe?

Pure-Blood wizards were so dumb about some stuff.

"It was a bee that landed on my nose," Ella informed. "Koda protected me."

"I'm allergic to bees!" Goyle coughed, his voice already distorted by his swelling tongue. "Helph!"

"Malfoy, Crabbe, take him to the Hospital Wing," Sprout commanded. The three left hurriedly, Malfoy frantic about the possibility of Goyle fainting ("how am I supposed to carry his whole weight? My poor arm, too!").

"You know, Professor," Ella grinned, feigning innocence. "I'm just really sweet so I attract bees to myself."

"Five points to Slytherin, Ms. Gray," the professor said simply before carrying on.

"You mean from?" Ella made sure.

"No, I mean to."

"Oh," she shrugged. "Okay." Ella turned to Hermione, realizing her, as well as every other Gryffindor, held the laughter just barely. "Hermione, those are the first points I've earned. I don't even know how I got them!" she grinned.

"Ella, I love you," Dean told her. Seamus glanced at him.

"Sorry, my heart belongs to Koda," she grinned simply.

"Settle down, class!" Sprout called again. "Ella, you got the points for," Sprout cleared her throat, and Ella wondered if she was buying time. "Trimming the leaves perfectly, so Longbottom, five points to you, and Granger, you too."

"Thank professor!" the two Gryffindors grinned, but they suspected it was not the reason Ella got the points.

Ella simply grinned as she kept just carried on, and when the class was dismissed Ron rushed to pick up Koda. "My rival for cupcakes, I applaud you for what you've done."

Koda made a soft sound that sounded like a snort, before he jumped out of Ron's arms and climbed on Ella's head once again.

"You are aware of the fact you're not all that sane, right Ella?" Harry asked with a grin as he watched her bouncing with a Tanuki on top of her head.

"Of course, Potter, I've heard a murderous voice in my head last year, and this year I hear a voice telling me I should really find my father," she informed casually. "No one sane does that."

"Wait, a murderous voice last year?" Hermione asked, stopping in her tracks. Harry and Ron carried on for a moment more before the memories of the year before rushed back. "Ella, hold on!" she called to the girl, who didn't realize they weren't walking with her anymore. Ella turned around and watch the trio, tilting her head at them, making Koda screech and jump down.

"Wha?"

"You remember the duelling club last year?" Harry asked.

"No. Snape didn't want me there, he doesn't trust me with a wand or whatever," she shrugged, grabbing her wand from her boots. "I mean look at me with a wand, I command respect," she tried and look serious, but then shrugged. "I mean, it's a Yew wand, I am supposedly suited for duelling."

"Yew wand is actually very rare, you know," a random Ravenclaw informed suddenly. He was exiting Transifiguration class and walking towards the library, and the group just met him. "Sorry, my dad's Ollivander's greatest fan, he works with him so... Yew is kind of notorious, it has a pretty bad reuptition. Did you inherit it or...?"

"Oh, no, my mum wanted me to take her wand. It's Elm and curupira hair, she doesn't use magic much these days."

"Well, Elm is not prone to accidents at all," the Ravenclaw informed. "Usually pure-blood wizards use it, you know, like Malfoys and Blacks," he scratched his cheek. "Now, Curupira is not a stable core. So it's a weird combination," he said simply. "What is your want then? Yew and...?"

"Um, eleven inches, springy, Yew and Basilisk Fang-" the Ravenclaw gasped in fright, and the four looked at him in shock.

"Who made the wand?"

"Ollivander," she stated simply. "We came to him one day, and then left. Came back when I was starting in Hogwarts and he gave me this wand. Why?"

"Well, no one uses a Basilisk fang!" he ranted. "First of all, literally no one can get it, secondly, no one knows the nature of a wand with that core, because no documented wizard since Salazar Slytherin himself used one!" he literally grabbed his hairs and looked at Ella like she was a four legged human who had a tail for a head. "Ollivander never knowingly did that. I assure you."

Ella looked at him for a moment before smiling. "You're weird, I like you."

The boy shook his head and practically ran to the library, leaving the confused gang to look after him. Ella was about to walk off, when Harry grabbed her hand.

"Ella, you heard a voice last year?"

"Yeah," she nodded her head, but her stomach was telling her that the Great Hall was waiting. "And there is one now, too," she tried and be serious. "It's saying that the fish is almost gone! Blimey, I must leave now. Cheers, guys. Let's go, Koda!"

Ron nodded somberly to himself, before sighing deeply. "And the plot thickens."

"Shut up Ronald."