Thirteen: Don't Dream It's Over

When Ella heard a gunshot, she jumped from her seat in the barber's shop.

That was all she knew.

The next thing she saw, but couldn't be real, was blood everywhere as Yamac fell to the floor. She rushed to his side, and she knew it's not real, but Hakan chased after a man, shooting at him, before finally taking out his wand and firing a green spell at the man.

Hakan didn't speak as he walked over, grabbed the bleeding body, and disappeared. She heard a loud crack, so he must've apparated somewhere, but none of it could be real.

Because if it was real, she was alone on a floor filled with blood.

::

"Ella," her mother rushed her in, "thanks Seth, Steven," she thanked the two boys. "Hid your weapons?" the two nodded, and they left the two women alone. "Shower, the police will probably question us anytime now."

She raised her eyes to her mother, who grabbed her wand and was about to leave. "Mum?"

"Ella, come on, I need to clean the barber shop."

"Where's Hakan?" she asked, her voice breaking.

"You know most of them aren't legally here," her mother explained, "so they took off for a while. They'll bury Yamac there, and then come back in a few days." She then left, leaving Ella in the silence.

It was day before Ella had to go back to Hogwarts, and she was frozen as she walked to the fire-place, her hands wishing to find warmth. Her dress was painted red with Hakan's blood, and she didn't know where she could go to, but she wanted far away.

She ran upstairs, grabbed her waiting suitcase, and grabbed in her hand the green powder. "Spinner's End, number 6," she spoke firmly as she stepped in, and she couldn't help but thank Snape for realizing what her home was like, and giving her the address to his houde for emergencies.

A pair of black eyes snapped to her when the world was stable again.

"Ms. Grey?" the greasy haired potion master started. He was obviously not sitting comfortably, seeing as he was throwing books into a suitcase. "I gave you my house address for emergencies, not to bug me--" he stopped when he realized her green dress was spotted with blood. "Ms. Grey, what happened?"

She stumbled out of the fire-place, and fell on her knees.

"Yamac," she managed to splatter out.

"What?"

"Yamac, the barber," she sobbed, burying her head on her knees. It was not comfortable, but it hid her away from the world. "He was my best friend," she told him. "He was a father to me, and... and... I heard a gunshot, and then Hakan ran after him, and he used the killing curse, grabbed Yamac and disappeared," she explained as best as she could. "He killed him, and then he took Yamac," she repeated, "and then when I went home mum told me that they're back to Istanbul until the police will finish investigating."

"Ms. Grey, your dress is bloody," he pointed out, and she simply shook her head when he tried touching her shoulder. He stepped back, and after a moment moved to t he fireplace.

"The Headmaster's office, Hogwarts," he mumbled, and soon enough Ella heard Dumbledore's voice speaking with Snape, and a few moments later, Minerva McGonagall grabbed her arms gently and helped her up.

"Come on Ms. Grey," she said gently, very much unlike herself. "Let's get you to Hogwarts," Ella cried as she walked, and Snape grabbed both his and her bags, following the two women to the Headmaster's office, where Madam Pomfrey was waiting, reading with a calming potion.

"Come on, Ms. Grey," she said gently, "let's go to the hospital wing and let you sleep a bit."

"No!" she called, her brown eyes looking at the adults around her. "I need to see Yamac! He can't die yet! I... I just stared at him blankly when he was laying there! I can't--" she was about to push McGonagall away from her, when Snape grabbed her hands, stopping her from doing anything, except crying. "Let me go! I need to see him! And Hakan!"

"Ella!" McGonagall called. "You need to--"

Ella freed one hand from the grasp of Snape, before she grabbed her wand from her boots, and was about to fire a spell- any spell, just as long as she could run- when she suddenly couldn't move. Her body slumped into Snape's arms, and her eyes fell on Dumbeldore's wand.

"I apologize, Ms. Grey, but trust me that it's for the best. Poppy, would you levitate her to the Hospital Wing?"

::

"Hey Madam Pomfrey," a soft voice spoke, "I heard Ella is here."

"Oh, yes," the woman nodded. "She's been given a calming potion last night as well, because she tried escaping. The potion has got to be worn out by now, but she's not speaking or eating," she informed. "Maybe you could help, ever since we gave her the first potion, she hasn't said a word."

"What happened, if I may ask?" he wondered.

"Oh, dear, I am not very sure," she stated. "Proffessor Snape explained what he could, but I'm afraid it's still a bit unclear. Go in, dear."

"Thank you," the boy said, and stepped ahead, opening the curtains surrounding the bed. He could see the back of the dark haired girl, and walked around the bed to come face to face with her. "Ella," Cedric called gently, and her brown eyes met his.

He sat down on the bed next to her, and stroked her hair gently. "Ella, sweetie, what happened?"

She didn't answer, and just stared up at him. Her eyes were filled with tears suddenly, and she sat up and threw her arms around his neck. He frowned, but pulled her closer to his body, so close that she shifted a bit so she could sit herself on his lap so they'd both be more comfortable.

He stroke her back, and tried calming her down. "Hey, hey, what's wrong?"

"Yamac is gone," she whispered. "He's my dad, I've never known another father, he's gone," Cedric tried calming her down with gentle 'shh' and kissing her forehead, but she just stared at the blanket, crying and muttering those words.

Snape opened the drapes after a while, and eyed the close proximity between the two, before he turned to look at Ella.

"Mr. Diggory, you two have an out of the ordinary permission to stay here together tonight," he said through his teeth. "Don't make us regret it. A house-elf will bring you two dinner anytime now. I expect you to behave as a Prefect, too."

"Of course, sir," he nodded at the professor, and kept holding Ella close.

Ella shut her eyes, stopping the tears.

She had to stop feeling, or she'll lose her mind. There were too many voice.

And one, a single voice, kept telling her one thing. "Your real father can solve everything," it whispered, "just search for me."

And she buried her head in Cedric's shoulder.

Her father could solve everything...

So she'd find him.

::

so those chapters are weird, i know. they're leading up to something big later on, but ella will pretty much be back to trolling around from the next chapter and onwards, so yeah

i am sorry for the turkish mafia thing, idk how it happened, but the mafia thing was ought to happen anyway, you'll see again in a later date, and i just like turkish. neat language and all