Two: Jorgitha

Ella really wondered where she left her shoes that time. She was quite certain they were in her dorms, but when she got there just a few minutes earlier, they weren't there. She tried thinking about it as hard as she could, but she really wasn't sure if she even wore them when she left the train at the beginning of the week, or if she just left them at a random spot at the school.

She knocked on the door absent-mindly, waiting for a "come in", that came after a few moments. Ella really did wonder where her shoes were.

She opened the door, "hello Professor Lupin sir."

"Good evening. Ella, was it?"

"Yup," she grinned, "may I sit?" she questioned, walking closer to the chair. Remus Lupin nodded, smiling.

"I'm sorry, I don't quite have a plan for this detention; Severus only let me know at dinner about this," he paused, closing the book he was reading. Hamlet.

"Meh, it's okay," Ella shrugged. "We could get to know each other," she grinned, her eyes lighting up. "You know, that's exactly how Severus and I fell in love; at my real first year I had a detention with him and, well..." she sighed dreamily. "I get it, I'm irresistible. It's both a gift and a curse."

Remus gave her a funny look, "I am certain."

"What?" she asked, offended. "Don't you think Severus loves me?"

"I'm sure he does," Remus chuckled. Ella frowned, then sighed.

"Professor Lupin, sir," she sighed again. "Snape used to roll with my silliness, but now he says he's sick of my crap. Am I getting old?"

"No, I'm sure Snape is just tensed about the whole Black situation."

Ella grinned, "thanks Mr. Professor." The professor tilted his head to the side, a smile decorating his lips that were still pulled into a permanent scowl by the scars on his face.

"So, Ella." he smiled fondly at the girl. She was so much like him. "Slytherin, huh?"

"And proud," she smiled widely. "Lemme guess, you were a Ravenclaw."

"Why are you saying it?" he asked, his eyebrow raising.

"Well, you are a professor, so that's a good reason to be a Ravenclaw," she started. "I mean, most professors are smart. Second, you're really nice, and I don't think I've met any bitchy-" she cleared her throat, "sorry, any mean Ravenclaw. So... yeah," she finished off awkwardly.

"Well," Lupin smiled, "I am glad that you think I am smart and, uh, not mean, but I was a Gryffindor."

"Oh," she paused. "Hey, so you're like the male version of Granger," she snorted. "Oh my Merlin, you guys can be like, best friends."

Lupin shook his head with a small smile. "Of course."

"I like you, man," she giggled, "I hope you actually stick around this time."

"I hope so too," he simply said. The two sat in silence for a moment more, Ella biting her lip, hesitating. "Is there something you'd like to say?" he questioned after a few more moments of her anxiously look at him.

"Well, you see, Professor sir, I need some help, and I don't know who to ask," she said seriously, looking sheepishly at the desk.

Lupin looked both intrigued and concerned, "what is it, Ella?"

The words rushed out of her mouth quickly, confusing the teacher for a moment;"Do you know how make a llama?"

••

"Umm, Mr. Professor, sir," Ella started hesitatingly. "I think it's an alpaca."

Lupin looked at the white furred animal in question, trying to determine what exactly was it.

"Why, yes," he nodded eventually. "I think it is an alpaca."

The two watched as the alpaca tried eating a plastic planet that was sitting on Lupin's desk. Ella tilted her head, intrigued by its behaviour. That was truly fascinating, why would an alpaca choose to eat plastic?

"Should we stop it?" she wondered, when the alpaca dropped to the floor on its back, rolling around and making the noise alpacas do.

"I think we've made a mentally ill alpaca."

"Yup," Ella agreed with her teacher. "We should probably hide Boris before it causes damage."

"Boris?" Lupin asked, "we're not calling it Boris, how do you even know it's a he?"

"Boris is a unisex name!"

"No, it's really not," Lupin waved her off. "We're calling her Agatha."

"Oh, yeah, sure," Ella grumbled. "Fine, I don't mind Jorge (Horhe)."

Lupin just stayed silent for a moment, "Tabitha."

"Jorgitha," Ella offered, combining the two names.

"No, that's--" Lupin stopped at the sound of the door slamming. "Did the alpaca learn how to open a door?"

"Well, apparently," Ella stated, looking around.

"Do you think Jorgitha is dangerous?"

"Probably not..." Ella paused, "probably. I guess we'll just find out at a certain point."

"Yeah," Lupin agreed. "I guess. Well, it's getting late, so off you go." he smiled, "good night, Ella, see you tomorrow."

"Bye Remus," she waved at him, "have a wonderful night!"

And it took him a moment too much to realize she shouldn't be calling him Remus.