Chapter 5

Four's POV (just before tris goes on the runway)

"Four, I got Lynn covering backstage with the girls, I need you to handle Eric with Uriah and Zeke," Al says in my ear piece.

"Heading there now Al," I say.

I make my way to the audience area and find Uriah and Zeke with Eric. I quickly approach them.

"Four we need you to diffuse this bomb on Eric, no one does it faster than you," Uriah says in a hushed tone as he hands me some tweezers and clippers.

"Uriah and I will shield you from the audience, Eric is asleep after we injected him with a sleep serum," Zeke says.

"No pressure," I say as I accept the tweezers and clippers

"You have 2 minutes after we release the button because of the pressure. Ready." Zeke asks.

I nod my head and Zeke let's go of the button.

I get to work. It is an array of wire and screws. I passed my training course with flying colours I can do this. I promise Tris nothing will happen to her. Okay it's a simply rigged bomb attached together with 5 coloured wires and 4 magnets holding the timer into place. Okay all I need is to clip the wires then remove the magnets with the tweezers. 5 coloured wires black, grey, white, red and blue. In that order it will slow down the timer fast enough for me to remove the magnets and stop the bomb.

My hands work magically together clipping wire after wire then removing the magnets.

"Come on Four, 30 seconds," Uriah warns.

The 4 magnets hit the floor with a small clang with the timer reading 0:10. I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Okay Tris is leading this section, Seduce, confirmation from Zoe that she is about to walk," Will says.

"Tris it going to be okay, we have Eric in custody," I say to her

"I know I will be, you're there," she replies

I can't help but smile.

Uriah and I stand there waiting for Tris to come out while Zeke carries Eric to hand him to Amar to take care of. Uriah starts twirling his gun more consumed by that than the radiant angel walking on the runway. Tris looks incredible. I didn't realise my mouth was open until Uriah smirked and pushed my jaw up.

"You're welcome Lover Boy and by the way you still got some of I'm guessing Tris' lipstick on your lips," Uriah says

I wipe my lips with the back of my hand and sure enough it comes back as slightly red. I smile at the result.

My gaze returns to tris on the walkway, she's reached the end and does her pose but something's wrong, I can see it in the way she stands almost as if she was shocked or scared to see something.

She starts speaking steps back and says something to Will or Al I am assuming. Uriah and I exchange nervous glances.

Someone rushes up on to the catwalk and starts towards her, I can see he has a gun behind his back. Without thinking I rush to where she is but not fast enough, soon I hear a gunshot.

"Tris!" I scream as the audience flees.

I hear another shot. She got two to the gut, the worst spot to get hit or that's what the tell us in training anyway. Her attacker falls to the ground and she stumbles backwards. I rush up dodging and leaping over seats to catch her. When I finally have her in my arms I lower her to the ground.

"Tris? You're going to be okay, I promise," I day tears streaming down my face.

"Will? I wanted medical here yesterday!" I yell.

"Medical enroute" he says.

Marlene, Shauna, Christina, Lynn, Uriah and Zeke all come rushing to where I am with Tris.

We are all in shock and horror and all of us have wet cheeks.

"We can't all be here, girls, get all backstage and audience to a safe place, guys take Tris' attacker, ID him," I say while twisting Tris's bracelet off for the handcuffs and hand them to the guys.

"Rendezvous at the hospital, I'll text where that is, now move it!" I said.

The group dispatch. Her pulse is weakening by the minute and her face is as pale as a white sheet, if she doesn't get help soon she will die.

Tori and a bunch of paramedics burst on to the scene, I wave them over and they carry Tris to the stretcher.

"Oh my god Tris!" Tori exclaims as the paramedics lift her on the stretcher.

"It's okay she's a fighter, we have to follow them," I say to Tori, trying to stifle a sob.

"My car is in the lot, Amar will take the others, let's go," she says.

The two of us run out after Tris and bundle into her car and speed off to the hospital.

Please be okay, please be okay were my thoughts the entire ride.

____________________________________________________________
Two chapters in one night lucky you guys😊
Keep smiling 😃