Chapter 13

My nightmares I swear just had a replay button. It was my parents and Caleb being shot over and over and over again. But instead of seeing the images like I normally do, it is now accompanied by Marcus's voice just saying, "I shot you, you died Beatrice."

The three last words are as haunting as you can image. Someone revived me and screwed up my memories making me think I was at some school camp.

I'm jarred awake by feeling of my arms being tugged over my head. My eyes snap open and take in my surroundings. It's a small dark room, bars cover the window so that little bars of light pierce through into the room. I'm hanging from the ceiling by my arms and even though it has been a short time it burns. Apart from me the room is bare, no bed, no table no chair just a locked door.

"Tris how did you do it?" A voice asks from behind me. I crane my neck to see who it is but of course I would know that voice anywhere.

Four. He stood behind me in jeans and a fitting black shirt.

"Even if I did know what makes you think I would tell you? After all you did almost try and kill me Four," I say. The words are poison in my mouth.

"The faster you answer this question the faster you are free, I'm here because then I know nothing will happen to you, just like I promised," Four says walking around to face me.

I grunt, "All that was bullshit Four! I can't believe I even fell for that! You are just following Daddy's orders! You both know I don't know anything!" I'm really struggling with my arms. They've gone numb. Not a good sign.

"Tris I need you to think back to that day, where are you?," Four says.

"I am about 5 feet away from kicking your ass," I say to him. At this point I'm squirming around and whimpering at the pain.

"That's its," Four says. He goes over to the wall and pulls a leaver. I drop to the ground and breathe a sign of relief. I lay on my side as I feel the blood racing back into my limbs. My breaths are deep and I close my eyes.

"I may have lied about who I was, my name and my purpose in the FBI Tris, but I didn't fake my friendship with the team and I certainly didn't lie about my feelings for you," Four says crouching next to me.

I open my eyes, sit up and scramble away from him.

"If there was anything you were lying about I would have hoped your feelings were the one," I say. Do I really mean that?

"Tris everything I did was to keep you safe! You showed me that there was a different way to do things, every time we argued about our tactics I always found myself agree with you although I would never show it. When I kissed you, it was like something I have never felt before, you honesty can't say that you didn't feel the same," Four said. You could hear the hurt I'm his voice.

"Four, you were going to kill me. Kill me. Do you have any idea what that means to me?" I say standing up against the wall away from him, "It hurt me to think that you could have gone through with that. And to know that you were following someone else's orders to do so destroyed me!" I say. The tears have returned and launched my body into sobs.

Four crosses the room to me.

"Are you going to finish what you started? Are you going to kill me now?" I ask.

"I am going to finish what I started," he said.

Something inside me deflates like a balloon. Why I thought he could really change was beyond me.

But then he kisses me. Both of his hands cup my face. His kisses are desperate and hungry. I don't even know why I kiss back. His hands drop to my waist and move up and down my back and eventually his hands find their way under the back of my shirt. My hands run up his biceps and link around his neck. He kisses me harder and harder as if he was trying to savour ever last kiss like it might be his last.

Four beaks away from the kiss and moves a piece of hair from my face.

"I told you I wasn't lying about you," he says breathless.

"Your father still wants to kill me Four help me escape and we can go back to the FBI together," I beg him.

"You have to trust me, I know what I am doing," Four says,

He pulls something out from his pocket. A key. One by on, he unlocks the chains on my wrists. I stare at him in a confused and amazed manner.

He presses me against the wall, hands resting against my hips then whispers instructions to me, "Pretend to knock me out, get out the door, hug the walls all the way so security will not catch you, take two rights then a left that will lead you to the front door. Get down the stairs then press this," he says while slipping some kind of pen into my jeans pocket, "Max will be there in exactly 4 minutes, hide in the trees and don't make a sound. When Max gets you say 'lone wolf hunted' and you'll get everything you need to know."

That is a lot to absorb in plus he was talking quickly...I nod.

"Ready? Set? Go." He says.

I do a fake punch to his temple and he 'pretends' to collapse on the floor unconscious. I follow his instructions to the letter and get out the front door. I reach into my pocket and find the pen and click it. Nothing happened but I guess it was a tracker. Just across from the end of the steps are a row of trees and shrubbery, perfect for concealing myself until Max comes. I run over and hide myself there. The four minutes of waiting were agonising. I was about to give up hope when I heard a car come. I look at the driver through the bushes, Max.

I get out and say "lone wolf hunted."

He looks at me for a second, "Alright, Tris get in," he says.

I obey him and we sit in the car in silence. It's almost 20minutes into the ride and I do not recognize any of the scenery around me.

"Max what is going on? First Four tries to kill me then save me then kill me and just then he saved me... What's going on? I don't know who to trust and I'm really confused," I say.

"It would be better to explain when you are with the group so I don't have to repeat myself," he says.

"Fair point but where are we? or where were we?" I ask.

"That building you were in was called S.C.A.R, Serum Creation and Antidote Research. They used to manufactured serums to help our countries soldiers and law enforcement with their training. Why do you think we have the best military and law enforcement? Back in my day we used serum as training and for cures. But after an accident at their lab it was shut down," Max explained.

Serums as training? That's sounds bizarre. I don't understand how a liquid could train you... But then again normal was chucked out the window when I found out Caleb was alive.

Max and I sat in silence for the rest of the trip. Four promised me answers. But he promised a lot of things...

------- times lapse: back at the FBI-----
I walk into the FBI boardroom with Max.

I am immediately tackles with screams and hugs from my team.

"You're alive!" Marlene, Shauna and Al yell while tackling me with a hug.

"That's our girl!" Zeke says ruffling my hair.

"She's not a pansycake!!" Uriah screams and gives me a bear hug.

Classic Lynn goes for a fist bump.

"I knew you could do it!" Will says patting me on the back.

Christina just squeals and give me a bone crushing hug.

"Chris I need to breath to live..." I say.

"Whoops sorry!" She says and lets go.

After a minute of our little reunion Mac speaks up.

"I have a confession to make. I have been keeping something from all of you. Some more than others," he says.

_________________________________________

What's his confession going to be?

Like it? I made a tinyFourtris scene :)

Should Tris trust Four or not?
Should she start calling him Tobias?
;)

Keep smiling! <4