Chapter 30

I hear the whistle of the train as it shoots past me. I feel the wind blowing in my hair. Then it's gone everything is still and quiet. My eyes are still closed because I guess I'm scared to see what heaven is like.

I open my eyes one at a time to find that I am still tied to the train tracks in my star position, just lower down. The thing that I am lying on raises at it becomes part of the track again. Instead of Jeanine in front of me its Evelyn.

"Congratulations Tris, you have passed the last test with flying colours," she says.

"Whaa?" I manage to get out.

She smiles at me, "It was a hologram of Jeanine and you were never really in harm's way. It was a test of loyalty."

"Of course. You mind helping me out?" I ask.

She comes over, cuts the ropes and helps me up.

"Welcome to Allegiant Agent Prior," she says and shakes my hand.

"This way," she says gesturing towards a hidden door.

I follow her in and we reach a sterile white control room. It was also a viewing area where the rest of my teammates and the supervising officers are waiting.

"You friends all passed except that they got to watch your performance and you won't be able to watch theirs," Evelyn says.

"Don't worry I'm sure it was recorded in some way shape or form," I say.

"Congratulations new agents. Now you are ready for departure because now we know you can keep our secret safe. Alright head up to the dorms and get some sleep. I'll come and walk you all in the morning," she says.

We start filing out without another word.

"Tobias a word before you go," Evelyn says.

Our eyes meet for a second before I feel Christina's hand leading me out the door.

I return to my dorm and crash on my bed. The sheets are soft and the pillow is fluffy but I still can't sleep. The nightmares keep coming every time I shut my eyes, to the point where I am scared to even sleep.

I hear the door open and Tobias comes in. He's wearing trackies. And well that's all he is wearing. I sit up in bed in my tank and trackies, my blonde hair just everywhere.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Figured you couldn't sleep so I came to check in on you," he says.

"Wanna go some place?" He asks.

I nod my head and follow him out the door. He leads me up the stairs of the mansion to a room. When you enter every single inch except the ground is glass. There are seats and couches facing upwards.

"It's called an Observation room. When I can't sleep I like to come up here," he says leading my towards the couch.

He climbs on it and lies down patting the space next to him for me. I don't argue I just snuggle up right next to him.

"When I was little my dad and I used to watch the stars together," I say.

"In a good way, you sound like a daddy's girl," he says.

I giggle, "I guess I do. He used to say that love was as constant as stars above because that's where your ancestors would be watching over you."

"They're watching over you right. Looking out for you," he says.

"I think the first time I did this with my dad was also the same night I met you. You and your dad were having dinner at our place," I say.

"Really? I couldn't have been more than 8 but I do remember that. It sounds cheesy but when I saw you I just knew," he says holding me closer to him.