Chapter 10

Caleb... As in my brother Caleb? As in Caleb Prior the one who died a couple of year ago? 

The team gathers around that paper with the haunting name written on it in code

"It's probably not him you know Tris, I mean he couldn't have come back..." Will said. 

He was the first out of all of them to say anything.

"I'm sure it is him though! We used to do stuff like this all the time to each other. We were a weird family... Like every Christmas when we would get each other presents we would leave clues like this leading each other to where we hid them. The harder they were the better was what my parents always wanted. I can't image Caleb ever trying to hurt me, we were inseparable," I say.

"Does anyone know about this code?" Four asks. I didn't realise this before but he has had his hand rubbing my shoulder through this entire ordeal. 

"Not that I know of. Why?" I sak.

Shauna speaks up instead of Four, "Maybe it's his way of connecting to you, maybe it's his way of letting you know he is alive. Peter said that there was an underdog that is starting to refuse orders, maybe it's him, maybe this Boss is using you to get to him."

"What am I going to do? This is all just a theory mind you..." I say.

"I've been thinking..." Uriah states.

"Uh oh, what did I tell you about the thinking bro?" Zeke teases.

"Hardy har har anyway, what if Tris can seduce her way in, it worked on Peter maybe it will work on the others that work there," Uriah says proudly.

"Yeah Uri, as appealing as that sounds to her brother that is in the organisation... and her boyfriend," Mar says and looks at Four who's fists are turning white, "I don't think that is the right angle for us to go."

"Fine.. take two! What if Tris were to go undercover, so like surrender herself to this Boss man, we'll track her and bag him up, easy as flying pickles," Uriah states.

"That--" 

"Absolutely not!" Four says cutting me off. 

"What why not? You all heard Peter people are going to die if I don't go.." I say standing up to face Four.

"Tris you going undercover to the place with the man who ordered to shoot you is out of the question. If you do this you are practically asking to be killed and I am not going to let that happen," he says.

"You heard Uriah, I'll be tracked I know Will and Al won't let anything happen and they are alert. What happened at Victoria Secret was my fault, I froze," I say.

"Four you know we would never let anything happen to her," Al says reassuringly.

"Fine...I'll go and tell Max..." he says defeatedly.

"Thank you, I know I am doing the right thing," I say before I kiss him. 

Four walks out the door.

The rest of us stand there like awkward turtles.

"Has anyone ever wondered how words were formed?" Uriah asks.

"What?" we all say.

"It's a conversation starter because we are living in the time of an awkward moment," he says.

"That is a lousy conversation starter," Lynn says.

"Well not as lousy since we are conversing right Lynn, oh snap!" Uriah says in a sassy tone while snapping his fingers. (Big Bang Theory line ;)) 

We all laugh at him, you could never feel uncomfortable around Uriah and that was the best.

Four walks back in with Max.

"Tris, I understand that you want to go undercover, it is dangerous I hope you know," he says.

"Yes Sir, but I trust the team and I know they will keep me safe," I say truthfully.

"Okay meet Tori in the weapons area for debriefing in an hour and say your goodbyes, you leave in two hours," he says before leaving.

"Tris it will be okay, we'll take care of you," Al says, patting my back. 

"Tris moment alone please," Four says.

We both walk into the hallway with the rest of them giving us wolfwhistles.

"Tris I really really think it is a bad idea to go, you might find some stuff that you may not like," he starts.

"What are you talking about? I am going to see my brother and save people. If my brother was really working for that Boss I'd be angry but I would be happy because he is alive. He's the only family I've got now.."

"No. He's not your only family. Those guys back there would do anything not to let you get hurt. You are like the little sister that everyone adores of this pack, Uriah is the retarded funny uncle, Shauna is like the mother hen, Christina is the fashonista aunt, Lynn is the sister who grew up with one too many brother, Al and Will are geeky brothers together and Zeke is the one who makes the really bad Dad jokes. See you are not alone," he says.

What he is saying is true, even though I have never really noticed it before. This FBI team do act like a family. I remember all the inside jokes we have with one another and it brings a smile to my face. 

"All I'm saying is please don't get your hopes up that your mental state will be fine after all this," he says.

"I am not expecting it to be, I mean my brother just came back from the dead," I say giggling, "Four I'll be fine, at this point I doubt anything will surprise me."

"Yeah keep telling yourself that," Four says smirking. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

Shorter chapter...

I have a feeling that you guys are not exactly going to be thrilled with what I have planned to happen... ;) 

Keep smiling :)