Date Night

A/N (Rose): This chapter puts the kiddos at around five to six months old.

Ariel

As much as you needed this, you didn't like it. Not one bit. Bryan had to drag you out the door after Bryan's mom came over to watch the baby.

"I- I- I forgot to pump milk for the baby-"

"No you didn't."

"Uh...well, he probably has a dirty diaper! Or a toothache! Or...or...collic! Do you hear that?"

"Babe, we have reservations. Also, my mom raised me, I think she's got this covered."

[A/N: Seriously, she must've had her work cut out for her.]

"But...my baby..."

"Yes, he is a baby, but I was here first, now let's go."

"I don't want to!"

You pouted in the car while Bryan kept his eyes on the road, afraid of certain death.

When you got to the restaurant where Bryan was forcing you to go- er, had so thoughtfully booked a reservation at- you sat at your table, staring intently at your phone, waiting for your mother-in-law to call and tell you that Ethan was either completely fine, or really sick or hurt and needed you. Either way, you'd hear about your baby, be fairly calm, and not try to kill Bryan.

[A/N: Well shit, that's always a plus.]

Your phone never rang, but Bryan did look concerned.

"I'm still mad at you."

"What'd I do?"

"You took me away from my baby, you selfish bastard!"

"You're tired, aren't you?"

"I'm dangerously sleep deprived, yes. Don't act like you don't want to take a nap in the car."

"I want to take a nap, right now."

"And I want to go home to my baby, but we just had to do this..."

"Hey, you needed a break."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Am I in danger?"

[A/N: *chuckles* I'm in danger!]

"Tell me what you mean by 'you need a break' and I'll spare your nads."

"Uh...well...it's just...I love Ethan, but both of us needed to get away for a bit."

"I guess you're right. I'm sorry I yelled at you."

"It's okay. We'll finish up here, drive around for a bit, then go home."

"Okay..."

After you paid the bill (you paid because you felt bad), you drove around for a bit- almost into Philly- circled back, and almost went over the speed limit to get home to Ethan.

Turns out, he had a small fever, possibly from teething, and wouldn't go to sleep.

You noticed he was a little congested, so you took him into the shower with you so that the steam would help.

Bryan was in his pajamas, and looked like he was trying to sleep.

"I was waiting for you."

"Me or Ethan?"

"Both of you. I can't sleep. I was faking my way through that date."

"You're away from him more than I am, how?"