First Steps

A/N (Rose): The kiddos, until chapter 35, will still be in the age group of 8-11 months old. Every child develops differently- the age range is my way of representing that...and bragging that my niece walked at 9 months old. And shaming myself for not doing it until I got shoved in a walker. For the sake of the vibes, here's evidence of that:

I look like I'm plotting something and I don't know how to feel about it

Ariel

Ethan walked not long after saying his first word. He was almost 11 months old.

He'd been able to stand since he was a little over nine months old, and he'd practice by pulling himself up by the arm of a chair or something, and he'd even tried to walk- but so far, to no avail.

However, one lucky day when you took him with you to the grocery store and Bryan took him out of the cart (oh no-), he pushed himself up and (kind of) walked to where the applesauce was.

"Bryan, Ethan's walking."

"What?"

"He's walking."

"Get my phone-"

You and Bryan just stood there, shocked, filming it for evidence- I mean memories.

[A/N: Nah, hen, Ethan's possessed by a desire for applesauce, that's evidence for the exorcism.]

He got upset when he couldn't reach the applesauce, so you held him up to the shelf, put him down, and let him walk back to the cart.

Ethan wanted to walk around some more, but you and Bryan were scared of losing him in the store, so you went home.

When you were home, Ethan needed some help walking around so you and Bryan planned to get him a walker for his birthday.

Blair

Avery and Heather took their first steps when they were 10 months old.

Avery took hers when Andrew picked up one of her toys that she clearly really wanted. She toddled over to him and made grabby hands at the toy.

"Y/N! AVERY WALKED!"

[A/N: Bitch I said toddled, that's a tad ambitious. Also I almost typed ambittytitty. Why do I exist?]

"She...she what?"

"She walked...I had her toy, and she wanted it, so she walked over to me and reached for it."

You looked at Avery, who smiled at you.

"Mama!"

"Hi, my little toddler! Where's your sister?"

That's when Heather took the chance to steal the show and toddled over to you.

[A/N: Damn, Heather-]