Bringing The Kiddos Home

A/N (Rose): Welcome home, babies! Anyway, this kicks off the start of something...well something. Have fun hens x

Ariel

Ethan got to go home three days after he was born. The second you put him in his carseat, he already hated it.

He cried the whole way home. You sat in the back, trying to calm him down. Bryan went ten miles an hour. Overall, it wasn't great.

When you got home, Ethan was still fussing, you were exhausted, and Bryan was terrified.

"Holy shit, we have a baby."

"We've had a baby for 72 hours, you idiot."

"Well, yeah, but now he's actually here."

"And screaming his head off."

"Maybe he's hungry?"

"I don't think so. I think he's just scared."

You took him upstairs to look at his room.

Bryan passed out on the couch.

You sat with Ethan in his nursery for about an hour, and eventually, his cries became small whimpers.

He opened his eyes and looked at you, then his changing table, then at the door.

"It's just a door, kiddo. It's not going to do anything."

"I think he was looking at me."

"How long have you been standing there?"

"I don't know. I don't know time anymore."

[A/N: I wouldn't be surprised if Ariel can't read a clock.]

Ethan kept looking around, even when you handed him to Bryan.

Turns out, the newborn was indeed scared of his new surroundings. You and Bryan had to walk around the house with him twice.

Blair

Avery and Heather were only a few days old when they got to go home, but they seemed to know and almost be excited to go.

On the way home, they kicked their legs in their carseats while you and Andrew kept looking back at them.

You reached back and tickled Heather's toes (much to her delight) while Avery took a nap.

Andrew picked up Avery, while you got Heather and the overnight bag.

As soon as you opened the door, Vera and Phoebe came running...and barking...so the babies started freaking out.

"Phoebe keeps jumping...help-"

"Well, so does Vera, don't look at me!"

The newborns screamed their heads off while the puppies continued to yelp.

You took the girls upstairs to nurse them while Andrew stayed with the dogs, lecturing them on scaring the babies.

The girls fell asleep on your chest after eating...then you started to fall asleep.

About an hour later, you and the twins were awake, the dogs were at your feet, and Andrew was holding a very fussy Heather who was still scared of the dogs.

"She's not happy..."

"Maybe she needs to be changed?"

"No...no no no no-"

"I've done enough, just change the diaper."

"Okay, what about Avery?"

"She's still asleep. Somehow."