Chapter 52

The best person to smooth things over was obviously the one who started it. And so, after a lot of persuasion from Annabeth, Percy finally allowed Thor to cut her vacation short and come to Midgard. He had been ecstatic about it, but Steve had suggested that he stay at the Avengers tower.

Persia had been a little bummed at the new turn of events, but she couldn't bear to see her family so deeply affected by their engagement and so she had given her consent. And if she were  completely honest, she was eager to see him as well. After being so close for so long, being away feel abnormal.

The time away had cleared her head, calmed her, but she couldn't deny her love for the god. It was a blessing in disguise, even if the disguise was very nasty. 

Even Sally was happy to see the god again. Their initial encounter had ben rough, but they'd come through; her mom couldn't stay mad for long. Paul was a bit apprehensive though. They'd met only briefly, but it had definitely brought out his protective side. And she loved him for that.

She was getting ready to meet him, discuss a plan on how to approach the media, hoping that at least he would have some ideas because she was completely blank. A quick glance the the watch and she was out, heading towards the small café round the corner where he'd invited her. 

It was a small walk, but a pleasant one. The wind was strong, slapping her scarf everywhere and ruffling her hair which she had just washed. Though she liked the fresh air, it was a relief to enter the sweet-smelling café, her stomach growling in anticipation.

She scanned the little place, hoping to see a blonde head. She was disappointed when she didn't, frowning slightly as she went to a corner table and settled down. Her hand automatically went to her pocket, seeking comfort from her beloved ball pen. She waited a few more minutes before ordering a sandwich, her impatience growing.

She had freed her hair as well, the damp curls hanging low on her back. She could have dried them with her powers but was had been late to leave. She also didn't want to spook the people in the café as well. So she let them dry naturally, the now longer curls tickling the small of her back.

She sat in blissful silence for a while, enjoying her meal when a voice very familiar to her startled her. 
"Must be a very good sandwich, huh?" Thor said, smirking at her. While she rolled her eyes at him, he moved to sit across her settling himself. 

It looked like he had tried to blend in, if the hoodie and baseball cap was anything to go by. He even had his hair tied up and hidden. It was surreal to see him look so ordinary. For a moment she felt as if they were just a normal couple, excited about getting married. It was fleeting image, but a soothing one.

But reality was far from soothing. They had lots to do if things were going to be even close to calm. So Percy ordered him a sandwich, and began talking.