Chapter 18

It was a routine now, for the avengers to begin meditating and then continue with whatever Persia threw at them. But the thing was that she didn't throw anything at them.

For the first few days it was simple, they would sit and concentrate for an hour and then would do their normal fitness regime. Steve would run a marathon, Tony and Bruce would be cooped up in their labs, and Natasha, Clint and Thor would train. 

As everyone did their own thing, Percy would move from place to place, observing. They were not sure what Percy was doing, as she just observed them with a gaze  sharper than hawk-eye's. 

She did not say anything nor did her face show any expressions. She just stood there as the got up from meditation. 

She did this for about a week, and then on the 7th day she told them to gather around after the daily dose of meditation.

"What are you guys doing? Is this how you're going to become better? All you are doing is what you are good at. I can only see Natasha, Clint and sometimes Steve and Thor who are actually training. You are supposed to push your boundaries while training, not stay in your comfort zone and do the same thing over and over again!"

By the end she was fuming, overly disappointing by how the avengers were acting. "How in the world did you manage to save the world with this kind of training!" Persia muttered to herself. raising her voice she started again, "This is going to change from tomorrow."she firmly said. 

***

The next day many people died. Clint was told to participate in close-combat with Natasha. Tony was forced to run and do push-ups with Steve. Thor was told to study science with Bruce.

It actually made sense when they thought about it. Clint always only did long-range archery. Tony only relied on suit for everything and Thor didn't know anything about science, which could  potentially kill his team in an emergency.

But even that did not prevent the complaints that poured from the avengers mouths. But one glance from Percy shut them up real quick. Thor, wisely, did not cross his fiancee because he had already been at the reviving end of her death glare.

After a wonderful 2 hours of yelling and screaming, Percy decided to change her plan. She thought that the avengers could help themselves and their teammates, but she was going to have to spoon-feed them.

"STOP!" she yelled. Her voice jolted everyone into reality as they stopped whatever they were doing. Sheepishly, everyone untangled themselves them from the mess they'd made and came up to the tired-looking Persia.

The place where Thor and Bruce were working was smoking, a fire recently put out. Tony was heaving on the floor and Steve was tending to a bruise he had gotten when tony fell on him. And Natasha and Clint were trying to organised everything.

In all it was an horrible first week for all of them.