Chapter 45

The next few days passed in a tense blur. A lonely blur. 

Thor had been avoiding her like the plague, only appearing by her side when required, and only then, exchanging painfully polite words. He had even switched from calling her 'Percy' to 'Persia'. It was as if they didn't know each other at all. It was two steps forwards, and a whole leap backwards.

Even Frigga had been distant, avoiding her eyes and trying to be extra polite. Odin was as cold as usual, the rare occurrence of seeing him lost in curt nods and sweeping robes. Only Loki was acting normal, a small relief in the chaos.

She was fully aware that what her father had said had hit them hard, especially Thor, and she had sympathy for him, but it was his fight. He had to pull himself together, after all, the truth hurts the most. 

She was his fiancée, not his mother. She had decided that she was not going to go after him and comfort him. If he needed her, then he would come to her. 

And so, she had spent her, now empty days, training. Though Asgard was for from perfect, with the uniform of dresses and stereotypical female roles, it had not stopped the women from being strong warriors. 

And so, she had started spending the majority of her time in the training halls, surrounded by the patter of feet and clanking of metal. The women there were at first in awe of her, hearing her stories of battle, but after meeting her, they had eased right into her presence.

It was a group of soldiers, a small unit who were in training, yet to face the horrors' of battle. All of them were sweet girls, similar to her age, but twice as fierce. It was invigorating for her to participate in their trainings and learn about the Norse fighting techniques. She was proficient in the Greek style, Roman style, and now she dedicated her days learning about the Vikings.

It was a welcomed exercise, something she had missed. The feel of Anaklusmos in her hand, the trickle of sweat down her back, the labored breathing, the whistle in the air as she spun and twisted. It was paradise for her ADHD brain. 

No one had really approached her, she knew they were intimidated, so she had kept to herself, respecting their boundaries. But after a few days, they were still apprehensive, but had mustered the courage to interact with her.

It was not long before they had warmed up to her, and so, Persia had gained a group of fierce Viking warriors as friends. 

"Things still not-okay with the Prince?" Hilda nudged her. She was a petite girl, with a narrow build and short height, but she was just as observant as she was small. She had been the first to notice the tension between the two lovers, but had kept it to herself, something which Percy was grateful for.

"Yes, we barely talk these days." She sighed, taking a sip of water. They were taking a small break, sitting cross-legged shoulder to shoulder. The water was making her feel better, but the exhaustion leaked from her voice.

"Well, no offense, Persia, but he is being quite the," She said a series of words, something which no doubt was very flattering. Hilda's looks didn't quite match her personality. She had big, brown eyes  which gave an image of innocence and a quiet, sweet voice, but she was anything but that.

"Your father isn't quite the angel, but he was right. I mean, its ridiculous that you have to do this!" She raged, clearly agitated.

"But so are you." Saying the 'you' with a weight, telling her that she was talking about Asgard, not her. "Traditions are not to be ignored. It may be unfair, but unless I participate and succeed, I do not think I will win the favor of your people."

She knew she was defeated now, having to agree because Percy was right. She hmphed, and proceeded to slump across Percy. Her coarse hair bound tightly in a bun, tickling her face.

Without a warning, Percy shifted, leaving Hilda to fall right on the hard ground. Chuckling, she towered over her, her eyes dancing. "Want to spar?" She asked, taking out Riptide and uncapping it. In that position she looked like a war goddess, sword in hand, dresses in simple armor, hair in a braided whip. 

"I'm going to get you for that!" She accepted and reached for her spear strapped across her back. Within a second they were flying at each other, playing a deadly game, laughing at each other, while the other warriors smiled at them, glad that Lady Persia was not as alone as they thought she was.