Chapter 60

She was getting increasingly frustrated with the fact that he was taller than her. So she did the obvious. She swept him off his feet. Literally.

She crouched down and swung one of her legs under him, hitting him right above the ankles. She used enough energy to make him fall, grinning when she heard the satisfying thump with which he landed. 

Groaning, he rubbed his head, flat on his back. His eyes finally focused on her after recovering from his initial shock. He'd forgotten how beautiful her smile was. So bright, so warm. Her whole face lit up like a Christmas tree, but prettier. Her eyes were twinkling again, he'd missed that. 

Her grin turned into a smirk as she bent down and plopped herself on his lap. She straddled him as he looked up at her, amusement sending sparks in his cloudy eyes. It was a completely different view he'd every had of her. He was used to looking down at her, seeing the top of her curly head, but here she was, looking down at him.  

It strangely arousing. She looked ravishing, her hair falling on either side of her face curtaining them, giving them a false sense of privacy even though they were in their room. It was only them both and, oh gods, he loved every second of it.

Slowly, almost painfully, she bend down, brushing her lips with his, still quite on his lap. He lifted his head, trying to meet their lips faster, but she straightened, teasing him like he'd teased her many times before. They'd never been this intimate before and seeing Percy's lean body on his made him question why. 

Again, she dodged him, her shoulders shaking with silent laughter as she saw how aggravated he was getting. He growled, propping himself on his elbows to shorten the distance between them. He deserved it, he knew it, but it was still so frustrating. It was a dangerous game they were playing, and the reins were in her hands.

He tried to lift himself up, trying to roll the over so he would be on top but with her firmly on his lap, it was impossible. Even though she was still healing, she held him steady and bent again, her eyes hypnotizing him with the various shades of green and blue. But he smirked, surprising her. 

He suddenly grabbed her chin and held her in place and secured his lips on hers. He kissed her roughly; the little tease had made him go nuts. He felt her gasp under his touch and he smiled, satisfied. This time she didn't try to pull away when he moved his hands from her chin. He cupped her face with one hand and used the other to push him up further, closing the little distance between them. He felt her come alive over him, her own hands trailing up his back and into his hair.

She'd never felt better. And considering that she'd almost died a few weeks back, that wasn't  saying much, but she was confident. Pure ecstasy flowed through her as they kissed, being closer than they'd ever before. She felt so powerful as she sat on top of him, her legs folded at his sides, his fingers on her cheek. But it had to end or they would die.

They came apart with a gasp, panting. He kept his hands on her face, his thumb skimming her cheekbone as they caught their breath. He brought his face to hers and let their forehead touch. It wasn't like the moment like they'd shared just before. It was complete heat and passion but this....this was something much different. His touch promised comfort, it promised care. It was pure, true love.

She smiled, her breath caressing his face. "So are we gonna do this wedding, or what?"