Chapter 22

Thor P.O.V

I was roaming around the party, trying to search for a familiar face, but failing miserably. As soon as we reached, all of the avengers took off in their own direction, leaving me looking awkward in the middle of a whole bunch of stuck-up people.

I was just waiting for Percy to come, but she was most probably going to be late since she put up a fit because she didn't want to wear a dress. It actually was very endearing seeing the savior of Olympus so childish as she puffed out her cheeks and glared at Natasha.

But they should be here any moment now. I was almost jumping as I kept an eye on the doors. I was going to announce our engagement but it was definitely going to be a bit different than what Percy most probably had in mind.

I noticed that I kept fidgeting with my tie on my suit, which I had started wearing after tony introduced me to it. It was more comfortable than my armor, but not  as much as a tee and sweatpants, though. I had to say that the Midgardian clothes were very comfortable.

Finally after another few minutes I noticed a pair of women who entered the hall, there were 2 women, but I had eyes only for the most stunning woman in the world. I may have died then and there as I watched my beautiful fiancee zero in on me and glide over to where I was standing. 

She looked gorgeous. Like drop-dead gorgeous. She was wearing a simple floor length dress which looked a bit of a Greek style and had her hair down as well. Surprisingly, she also wore makeup, but it wasn't as heavy as all the ladies were wearing. 

She looked so good that as she walked up to me, people turned their head to look at her. And the funny part was that she didn't even seem to notice the stares she was getting as she walked up to me.

"You might want to close your mouth. You look very weird." Percy said as she moved a bit closer to me, allowing me a whiff of her usual sea-scent, and put her soft hands on my jaw and closed it. That was when I realized that my mouth had been open and I flushed a deep red color.

"Um, you look lovely." I managed, still drinking in her beauty. So simple yet so pretty. "Thanks!" she replied, a little color on her cheeks as well. That was when she realized that many people had stopped their conversation to observe our conversation. 

Seeing her apprehension, I butted in, asking her to a dance. She agreed, and put her hand into my outstretched one. I was surprised she agreed but I was glad nevertheless. I gently pulled her forward to the dance floor, where I gathered her in my arms. 

I was a little hesitant to get this close to the heroine, but almost like she read my thoughts, she grabbed my hand in hers and guided it to her waist. Knowing that I got permission from her, I pulled her even closer as we slow-danced, her long skirt swaying as we moved together.

Even though she was pretty tall, she still only reached till my nose, which I found extremely adorable. We seemed to fit perfectly it. Her hand in mind, her tiny waist against my torso as we danced like we had been dancing together for years.

"So what have you planned?" She asked as we glided over the dance floor, all eyes on us, or mainly the stunning lady in my arms. "It's a surprise." I said, subtlety gliding her to the raised dais in the center of the hall. 

I was getting even more nervous as we were getting closer and closer to my destination. I could see the curious stares Persia was getting. It was understandable because no one had ever seen her before and she was dancing with me so comfortably. And the lustful and envious looks she was getting were not helping either.

well, they were getting answers now. 

I gently removed my hands from Percy's waist and grabbed her hand, and pulled her towards the stage. "Wait a moment." I said answering Persia's confused gaze as we climbed up to the stage.

As we walked up, I could see that everyone's attention was on us, even the group of superheroes. But instead on focusing on their stares, I turned towards the bravest, most perfect woman I knew and reached inside my suit, looking for a familiar, small velvet box.