Chapter 24

She loved him. She hoped that she loved him just as much as he loved her. She couldn't remember when she had exactly fallen in love with those blue eyes, but she did know that she did love him with all her heart.

But currently, she was not feeling the love. As soon as Thor proposed, the people who were sophisticated just moments ago, had started hounding them, asking question and yelling their ears off. It seemed that someone had also tipped off the media as well, causing hundreds of flashing lights and mics being shoved in their face.

It was a bit comical, one moment it was a fairy-tale proposal and then, it turned into her personal nightmare. But as usual her instincts were right. Something did go wrong. 

Even though Thor was used to all of this, he too seemed lost as he looked around, trying to escape the hungry reporters. Percy definitely could have escaped with a few punches and harsh words, but unfortunately that was exactly what they were hoping for. "Thor's fiancee: woman or animal?"  No thank you. So instead, they settled for the avengers help as they 'gently' shooed the vultures away.

By the time they were back at the Avengers tower, she was exhausted and weary, but still beaming. Though the whole 'reaction' of the proposal did dampen her mood, she was still so happy. But she was still furious at the gods for forcing her to do something for them again, but was glad that she found someone who she loved. 

Her thoughts were still wandering as she removed her sandals and walked barefoot to the roof of the tower. She need some fresh air, and where better to get it than the top of a gigantic building?

She didn't bother changing out of her dress but did let her hair out its half-knot. Keeping it there for so long had made her head itch, which she was not overly fond of. Her layers of tulle swayed in sync with her hair, which was being tousled by the light breeze. There at that moment, standing on the edge of the terrace, feeling the wind caress her face, she felt Free. Calm. Happy.  

It should have been daunting for her, standing so far from her father's territories and so close to her uncle's domain, but the sky was no longer scary for her. She had started associating the sky with her fiance's blue-grey eyes and the wind with his blonde locks. 

Blonde locks which she could see now, as he came from to door and made his way over to her, looking very relaxed. He had removed his suit and was just wearing a dress shirt and pants with a small smile resting on his face. His sleeves were pushed back up his strong arms and there were wrinkles and creases all over his shirt.

"You come here often?" He asked her, not looking at her, instead standing by her side and watching the starry night just like she was. "No, just needed a moment away from all the chaos" She replied turning fully to look at him. Her breath caught in her throat as she observed how painfully handsome he was.

His regal face with long hair which brushed his shoulders and blue-grey eyes which mirrored the sky. A perfect white smile, and adorable twin dimples. His broad shoulders and muscled torso. She didn't think that blonde and blue-eyes were her type, but gods, he was handsome.

He too seemed to be observing her too, because after a while he whispered, "Beautiful." The random compliment did make her blush but she wanted to have a bit of fun. 

"Oh, really?" she too whispered and moved a bit closer to him, leaving a little distance between them. She could hear his breath catch, but he still answered. "Gorgeous" he murmured, looking directly into her eyes, trying to convey how much he adored her.

He then hesitantly looped his hands around her waist and when she did not object, puller her even closer. The sudden movement made her loose her balance so she put her hands on his chest to steady herself. She flushed red, noticing the intimate position they were in, but did not make a move to remove her hands, something which surprised herself more than it surprised him.

"Thank you." she blurted out, saying the thing which was on her mind for a long time. "For what, my dear." Came his reply. His use of the endearment did not go unnoticed by her but she really wanted to stay focused. If she focused on what he had said, she would have turned in a bright red mess. Remembering what he asked she replied, "For everything."  

It was true. He had done so much for her when even he was forced into this. He respected her boundaries and made her feel things she'd never felt before. At that moment, overcome with love for the man who held her, she did a very impulsive and brave thing.

She closed the distance between them and put her lips to his. She started off hesitant and soft, unsure of herself, but when he eagerly responded by pulling her even tighter than before and kissed her back, she came alive and poured all her love and passion for him into that one kiss. 

And she did not regret it.