Chapter 32

Percy looked like a queen. Not a princess, but a queen. Aphrodite had somehow convinced her to let her do her hair and makeup and it was not a mistake. The goddess of beauty knew exactly what to do to make Persia seem intimidating but still keep her overall approachable and kind look. 

At that moment though, she looked more like her mother than Poseidon. Thor had realized very quickly that no matter how similar she and the sea god looked, she was her mother's daughter.  She had her fathers raven black hair and sea-green eyes and every changing moods, but she had her mothers caring personality and regal face with full lips. Full lips which looked very tempting.

Aphrodite had done  her hair in a simple loose french braid which had revealed her usually hidden shoulders and elegant neck. Since the dress was full-length she had only given Percy a pair of flat, laced-up sandals which Percy was extremely grateful for as she walked the long corridors of the Asgardian castle. 

She had to admit that it was quite different than Olympus though. There everyone was a bit more casual, simply shouting out greetings with the appropriate titles, but apparently in Asgard, all citizens or staff members were required to curtsy or bow which flustered her every time, but she still tried to graciously accept them without turning into a blushing mess.

Thor was surprised when he saw Persia's cheeks redden every time a servant or minister bowed to her. He had assumed that she would have been used to receiving such treatment, after all she was the 'savior of Olympus', but he could see that her humble reaction was endearing for everyone too see. The maids left surprised when she polity asked them to get up and the ministers were left charmed when she thanked them.

It was very different than what usually was the reaction of the higher-standing nobles, but he could see that it was welcomed. A slight nod, or if they were lucky, a smile was all that was thrown their way, but seeing Percy interact with them, greeting them back and thanking them, made everyone smile, including him.

The simplest of things were the things which made her charming. The way she strode in the halls with confidence and grace. The way she smiled at every passing person, they way she swept her skirts was also made to seem exquisite. 

There was no doubt in Thor's mind that she was fit to rule. She had the spirit of a king, the grace of a princess, the kindness of a queen and mainly, the qualities of a leader.