Chapter 18

Author POV

Everyone shout at the same time after realizing what you said.You look at Ash and said.

You:Ash,we need to go to tell this to Kahuna Hala.

Ash nods as both of you rushed out of the room with mew gets back in your purse.Elsewhere with Team Rocket,they were trying to escape from Bewear when suddenly a hoard of Rattata and Raticate runs past them,sending them flying into the sky.But suddenly in mid air,Bewear easily catch it and runs back to its home.Back to you two,you both were sitting at the couch at Hala's house as the two of you just as finish the plan.

Hala:I see.If we ask Yungoose and Gumshoos to help us,we can all solve the problem?

Hala ask as both of you nodded.

You:That's Right.

Hala:Now that's a thoughtful and wise answer.It's my answer too.

This made you and Ash smile at what he said.

Hala:I must be honest and tell you my question was to test whether you had what it takes to go through the actual trial.

Ash:Huh?Then I should be honest and tell you we came up with the answer with all our friends.I hope that wasn't wrong.

Ash said hopefully as you stay calm but on the inside was you panick that it might be wrong.

Hala:Not at all.We should look to our friends for help.That is a very important life lesson.Then shall we go?

You smiled in relief as you nod as a yes.

Ash:Right

Timeskip

The three of you stood outside of the cave where the totem Gumshoos is.Hala then look at you both and started to explain.

Hala:There are several Yungoos and Gumshoos living in this cave.They are all very strong,but there is one Gumshoos,who is amazingly powerful,it's called totem pokemon.

Ash:Totem Pokemon?

He ask as you were curious also what Totem Pokemon means.

Hala:Yes.There are several Pokemon in all who have that name.Most of them are following the lead of the Island Guardians as they assist trainers who undertake the island challenge.So Ash and Y/N,for your trial,you two must take on the Totem Pokemon in a pokemon battle and be victorious.Then with the air of the totem pokemon,I want you two chase away the Rattata and Raticate.

He explains as you two followed Hala behind.

Ash:Wait,why would the Totem Pokemon help us?

You couldn't help but sweatdrop as Ash being so dense not knowing everything why.

Hala:Never fear,if you earn the Totem Pokemon's respect then it will help you in your time of need.I will be watching as well.I'll be the referee during your trial.

He ended his sentence as you three finally arrive at the large cave with grass

Hala:Totem Pokemon Gumshoos!You have a trial-goer!Do your duty and give them their challenge.

Hala shouts as everyone stood still as they waited for the pokemon to appear.Mew poke her head out to watch as Poipole look around until a normal Yungoos and Gumshoos came out of the cave as Ash wonder.

Ash:Are they Totem Pokemon?

He ask as mew was trying not to laugh as poipole quietly laugh if possible as you....well let's just say you were close to smack Ash's head.