Revenge - Tango angst

WARNING: Implied suicide, fire

——————

Red eyes watched through glass as fire raged in the room. The smell of melting iron made its way to his senses, competing with the pungent smell of smoke.

The walls were made from ancient debris, as protection for anyone unfortunate enough to come by this room. It wasn't always burning, just most of the time.

A smile crept its way to the hermit's face as the fire spread throughout the room he was looking into. This was a twisted sort of revenge, one that wasn't filled by anger, but one filled by grief.

He remembered the day so clearly, the hot tears streaking down his face, the desperate cries he let out, the doctors trying to help, it all felt too real. But here, now, he could try and stop it from happening again. This was the closest he could to tackling the issue, and he'd take anything he could get.

Many things were burning in that fire, be it ropes, metal, glass, water (at least he tried? He just splashed buckets of water in there every once in a while and watched the steam), and even a few chairs. But not one person stood in that room. He wouldn't let anyone.

The hermit rested his arms on the window, pulling out a water bucket. He put it in a hopper next to him, waiting for it to fall into the fire. After a moment it did, and it hit the floor with a satisfying sizzle. The smoke leaked through the walls, but he didn't mind. It was just an assurance that it was working.

It was pretty in such a revengeful way. As the hermit starred, his guilty smile grew wider. He thought of the good days, the ones before it all happened. But there was also an after. An after where he found other friends, and healed. He was in that after right now, actually.

But that wouldn't stop him from getting revenge. This revenge wasn't just for himself, either. It had effected many. Weather that be the ones cut by the metaphorical sword, or the friends of those, he did not care. They were all effected. He was getting his revenge, not just for himself, but for so many other people.

The blonde pushed himself off of the windowsill, his red eyes glowing. He was about to put the fire out before he spoke.

"Ropes have killed many people, I won't let them kill again." Tango murmured.