Edgeshot × Pro-Hero! Reader: To Us

Start from the beginning

You didn't have time to look before the figure had pulled out the empty seat between you and Best Jeanist and was bowing to everyone. "Pardon my absence, I had some troubles acquiring my outfit this morning."

"It's fine Edgeshot, take a seat. Here is your file."

You looked over as the male took a seat. He was Edgeshot, the Pro who was previously held the rank of #5 and was bumped up to #4. He was as stiff as you imagined him to be, you had fought with him once and he applauded your skills and perceptive nature. But you never really were this close to him. He was speeding through his notes, somehow reading the files and listening all at once. Despite how ridged and uniformed he seemed, you were surprised at how...attractive, he was.

You shook off your thoughts and listened once again, until Endeavors voice barged through the room. " Why is she assigned to that district. She was just moved up to number 5!" You realized the conversation had something to do with you and your head perked up. "Endeavor, (Y/n) is more flexible with her options. She was voted up by favor of the people and her skill. You don't quite have the best reputation despite the fight you just had. It takes years to gain the peoples trust...and she has it."

Endeavor snarled, "I am just as flexible! Need I remind you of what happened in that district last year? I handled that!"

You snickered, "Naomasa I really do have to say that he does have flexibility. It amazes me how he can have his foot in his mouth and his head up his ass all at the same time." Endeavor snapped his head toward you, a sly smile resting on your face. You heard a small laugh come from beside you as Edgeshot had his face tucked further into his scarf to muffle the noise.

"Sorry Enji, you know what lets look through the files, shall we? Hmmm, lets see...that district has had a dozen fires in the past three months and oh gosh, how do I say this. You don't make the best firefighter." The males teeth gritted as he slammed a fist on the desk. Hawks was now also on the verge of laughing, and Best Jeanist was keeping to himself and trying not to get burned to a crisp.

"(Y/n), Enji, cool it...If it eases anyone's mind she won't be alone for the first month. Edgeshot will be in the same general areas so he can always help out if needed."

Edgeshot looked over at you, your eyes meeting for a split second before Naomasa resumed his speech. It dragged on for another 30 minutes or so, making sure that it ended precisely at 5 a.m.

Everyone stood from their seats, streching in preparation to go to their assigned places. All of your belongings were to be kept in a secure locker in the building for confidentiality purposes.

As you set the folder in your locker, the one right beside you opened. Of course it was none other than Edgeshot. You decided to strike up a conversation seeing as you would be around him for a while. "I'm-"

"(Y/n). We settled a dispute together a while back."

Your shoulders sunk, "Well thats just awkward because I don't even know your name." You replied, trying to stop your face from turning red. He let out a soft chuckle, "Shinya Kamihara." He replied, hand extending toward you as you closed your lockers.

"I would say good to meet you but we have already met..."

"Then lets just say it is good to get to know you." He resolved. His grip was firm on your hand until you let go, arm retracting to his side. "Well, should we head off then? If we are early we can get breakfast unless there is already touble."

Your stomach growled at his suggestion, "Food sounds great."

"Perfect. I know you know your way around the city, so I'll see you there." Shinya said, exiting the building. You saw him from the window as he jumped from building to building. "Well, kick your ass into gear (Y/n). Let's get to work."