x. project mischief

Sometimes it astounded Yoongi just how filthy wealthy people in the business industry truly were.

He looked around the well-lit banquet hall, with rows upon rows of white crystal chandeliers as far as the eye could see. There was an orchestra at the back of the room, looking as if they were preparing for a performance. Yoongi refrained from scrunching his nose in disgust. If Yoongi had to sit there and listen to an orchestra performing, he knew he wouldn't last long. He wasn't too mainly into what the wealthy were into, and orchestra had to be the one thing that quickly set him off.

At least he was well dressed for the event. Apart from his apparent dyed hair, he fit in seamlessly with the crowd of socialites. It wasn't much of a surprise, considering that Yoongi had wealth, he just didn't drown himself in it, but still, to the naked eye (or in this case, to the business holders'), they'd be able to tell him apart and single him out. It wouldn't bother Yoongi, but if he was trying to ensure Hoseok to be his by the end of tonight, he had to pull out all stops.

Even if it meant ridiculing any petty businessman, woman, and nonbinary in his way.

"Do you like it?" Hoseok asked, leaning slightly towards Yoongi. Yoongi's eyes snapped up, and he plastered a fake smile, nodding.

"Who doesn't love hours long dinners with pretentious people?" Yoongi remarked casually, causing Hoseok to burst into laughter, receiving off and judgmental looks from others in the room. "Maybe don't be too loud, Hoseok. I don't think you're allowed to have fun at these types of gatherings."

Hoseok rolled his eyes. "I know. All of these people are stuck up assholes who think they're the shit because they have some type of money in their hands. Keep it between you and me, but most of these business people don't know how to handle money properly. The snottier they are, the less experienced."

Yoongi nodded slowly. "What would that make you?"

"One of the best that there is." Hoseok winked exaggeratedly, laughing as Yoongi playfully hit him in the arm. Of course, like all good moments, this one came crashing down when familiar figures walked towards them. Yoongi recognized Rose's sharp, feline eyes. As she approached, they made eye contact, and with a subtle wink, Yoongi prepared himself for what was about to occur.

He'd already called Rose and told her of what he wanted to achieve. Personally, Yoongi didn't want Rose to make a fool out of herself like all women seemed to do when it came to their exes moving on— and Rose quickly agreed, not too fond about losing dignity and composure. So, Yoongi brainstormed on all the possibilities before settling on his strengths.

And what better way to get Hoseok to move forward in everything, in his pursuit of Yoongi, than to make him jealous?

"Hoseok."

Hoseok only grimaced at Rose's sight, offering her a nod of acknowledgment. Already he was mentally preparing himself to have to shut down any advancements Rose made on him. At least, that's what he was planning on doing. There was no way that someone like Rose would let him go that easily. Maybe it was his ego talking, but considering how hung up Rose was on Hoseok, it only made sense that Rose would want to swoon all over him. This would not bode well, considering that he was accompanied to this event by someone he was currently interested in.

If he were honest with himself, Hoseok also didn't want to cause his date, Jihoon, to become jealous of someone like her.

"Hoseok, how have you been?" Rose asked, not unkindly. Hoseok shrugged, keeping a stoic expression.

"I've been alright. Busy with business," Hoseok responded nonchalantly. Rose nodded, humming softly.

"That makes sense. You've always been a businessman before anything," Rose remarked, her eyes drifting towards Jihoon. She arched an eyebrow, drinking in Jihoon's appearance, a sly smile spreading across her lips. "Hoseok, who's this?"