project prologue

slight holy water warning? oops.
lowkey scared to release this, feel like i'm about to get yeeted.

7:54 pm

Min Yoongi sighed to himself as he glanced once more at the digital clock sitting over the marble counter. He resumed slicing the onions before tossing them into the steaming pan, causing ember flames to skyrocket at the contact of the seemingly harmless onions. He chuckled lowly at the sight, humming a tune that was playing softly in the background.

He should be coming home in a few minutes.

As if wishing it true, Yoongi heard the click of the doorknob, accompanied by loud, obnoxious steps that were engrained permanently into his mind, though this time, other footsteps trailed behind his. The shrill laughter of a female voice, one that made Yoongi want to bash his head against the wall, could be heard, accompanied by heated discussions. Yoongi bit his lip, trying not to show the smile that was threatening to escape him. He motioned for the chef to continue making the food, while he took off his apron to meet the guests.

As soon as he entered the living room, a pair of familiar met his. Yoongi winked at him subtly, an action that had the other smirking, before he wrapped his arms around Juno's neck, leaning in for a quick kiss. He tried not to gag at the feeling of Juno's dry lips on his, the taste of alcohol leaching from Juno's mouth into Yoongi's. Yoongi pulled away slightly.

"Welcome home baby," Yoongi's voice dropped half an octave, his tongue skimming slowly over his bottom lip. Juno's eyes were trained on him, pupils dilating at the small action. It took all of Yoongi's efforts not to burst out laughing at the man, who looked like he was struggling to reign over his self-control. Before Juno could do anything however, Yoongi placed his hands on Juno's chest, turning to the guests sprawled onto the couch, one of them, in particular, fueling Yoongi's annoyance.

Nevertheless, he smiled tightly, trying his best to look amicable. "I trust that at least one of you was sober while driving rampant on the streets."

"Don't worry sir," the gentleman replied, grinning lazily at Yoongi. "There's something called a chauffeur. Your pretty little fiancé was safe and sound with us, I assure you."

"Jungkook!" the woman next to him hissed, slapping him on the shoulder lightly. "Manners. We are in this man's house. Show respect."

"He'll get used to it soon enough," Jungkook remarked snidely, eyeing Yoongi with a mischievous glint on his face. Yoongi glanced at him amused, raising an eyebrow at Jungkook's sudden assertiveness. He made a mental note to himself, turning his attention to the woman next to him, who smiled at Yoongi apologetically.

"I'm sorry he's acting like this," the lady shot Jungkook a dirty look. "I swear he's not like this at all. He's quite shy but when he drinks he becomes a little bit too loud."

Oh, I know. I know all too well.

"Hey!" Jungkook snapped, sticking his tongue out at her. "Way to sell me out, Adeline."

Adeline rolled her eyes. Her nimble fingers wasted no time in grabbing the collar of Jungkook's shirt, wasting even less time in pulling Jungkook forward, whispering low enough that no one could hear. From Jungkook's heating cheeks and sudden lip quivering, Yoongi knew Jungkook had been told many enticing obscenities.

Yoongi cleared his throat. He leaned against Juno's shoulder, relaxing as he felt Juno's warm hands wrap around his waist. "Will you two be staying for dinner tonight?" He made sure to keep his voice hopeful, as innocent as possible. "It gets awfully lonely here. Juno and I would love to have you."