Chapter Twenty: The Calm Before The Storm

12:01PM
NEAR BLUE VAIN HOSPITAL
ENCHANTRESS; MEGAN

Megan still wasn't budging.

Even after Enchantress practically saved her life, she was still very fixated on being upset.

Grunting, Dana turned from her wolf-form, to her human-form.

"Megan." Dana proclaimed sternly.

Megan continued to walk, practically ignoring Dana.

Megan travelled a short distance in front of Dana, arms crossed underneath her chest. She was furious. Not just at Dana either, but herself.

She didn't understand.

She didn't understand what was going on, and why she couldn't know.

She had been changed into a vampire for no good reason, after all.

And what about all of that at the hospital? Megan thought.

The way Dana had ran from her room, and began ripping cameras from the wall....the way she had barred her teeth at the doctor. Even though she was invisible, Dana was still able to snatch Megan up. She didn't stop running until they were miles away from the hospital.

For the first time in forever, Megan was scared of Enchantress.

What did Dana know that she didn't?

Dana stalked up on the right side of Megan. She wanted to say something, but didn't know what to say.

What can I say? She thought. The only choice I have, is to tell her the truth.

Dana sighed, looking out at the grassy fields that stretched for miles. The grass rose up to their ankles, with weeds scattered here and there.

Enchantress could've imagined that there was broken arrows, and dried-up blood all throughout the land.

The truth was, they all were running out of time.

The people of Mars were only getting sicker due to Tranic, and Megan was only getting more fed up by the seconds. The Guardians were slowly running out of fuel for ideas.

Everything was an utter mess.

There was no point of holding off any longer.

"My mother is the Queen of New England." Dana said quietly.

For the first time in ages, Megan gave Dana a look that wasn't completely cold.

"Long ago, she fell in love with a man from Mars. He was a traveler. She had an affair with him. She got...pregnant by him."

Dana shuttered. It had been so long since she'd told the tale. She barely believed it herself.

"Then...?" Megan questioned in a whisper.

"Then...I was born. My father, was a very powerful man. His sister, was the Enchantress before me. She knew, that if anything were to happen to her, that he would be the next in line for the throne. She couldn't bare the thought of her brother sleeping with a human..." Dana drifted off, not wanting to continue.

You can't stop now. Her conscious reminded her.

"She arranged for him to be captured. However, the plan never went through. Earthlings, beat her to it. She came to her senses, and tried to save him...they captured her too." Dana finished.